Inkjet Printer Market Outlook – 2027
Inkjet printers recreate a digital image on the paper and plastic substrates. They are non-contact printers and the image is printed by propelling droplets of ink through nozzles on various substrates. Ionized ink directed by magnetic plates are contained in the inkjet technology to spray ink on to the paper. Thus, they find their applications in printing in various end uses such as industrial, consumer, pharmaceutical, education, textile, and others. Innovations in the electronic systems industry make way for better and improved inkjet printers. The global inkjet printer market is experiencing a significant growth, and is anticipated to grow considerably in the next few years.
The global inkjet printer market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, end user, and region. Based on type, the inkjet printer market is divided into large format printer, industrial inkjet printer, multifunctional printer, textile printer, desktop printer, inkjet press, and others. In terms of technology, the market is categorized into UV inkjet, drop on demand, and continuous inkjet.
On the basis of end user, the market is divided into industrial, consumer, pharmaceutical, education, textile, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America,
Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global inkjet printer industry include Pannier Corporation, HP Development Company, Brother Industries, Konica Minolta Inc., Videojet technologies Inc., Canon Singapore Pte. Ltd., Xerox Corporation, KEYENCE CORPORATION, Seiko Epson Corporation, Eastman Kodak, and Others. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global market.
Top Impacting Factors
The major drivers that lead to the inkjet printer market growth are the increase in demand from various industries for better print quality and higher print resolution, and growth of the advertising industry. But, the availability of substitutes like laser printers and their features such as high operating speed, low running costs, high printing capacity and others hinder the market growth. Moreover, the advantages of inkjet printers such as light weight, compact size, less war-up time, easy setup process and low startup cost as compared to laser printers are expected to fuel the market growth.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
The unveiling of several new products that comprise enhanced capabilities have been introduced by key market players. This helps them strengthen their market presence. MFC-J995DW and MFC-J995DW-XL, a new INKvestment series inkjet printer was launched by Brother Industries Ltd which is an electronic/electrical manufacturing company in the year 2018.
MFC-J995DW inkjet printers generally used for one year without ink replacement and the MFC-J995DW-XL inkjet printer can be used for two years without ink replacement of the printer. Moreover, these inkjet printers display the estimated remaining page counts and also monitor the ink usage which helped them flourish the inkjet printer market.
Surge in Usage in Textile Industry
Initially the inkjet printers were used for marking and coding applications in packaging, but due to the advancements in the printing techniques, they find their applications in various industries. Several advancements have been made in the textile industry in printing procedures from block printing to the rotary screen-printing machine & dry heat transfer printing.
Moreover, the manufacturer can print different designs, colors, and patterns on the same fabric by using inkjet printer with digital printing due to the increased operating speed as compared to screen printing. Thus, leading to surge in the usage of inkjet printers in the textile industry.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global inkjet printer market forecast along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global inkjet printer market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global inkjet printer market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global inkjet printer market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The global market have been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The global factories have struggled to manufacture printers in this COVID-19 pandemic and have also struggled in developing or improving the current printers due to lack of workforce.
- The global supply chain of inkjet printers has disrupted and this disruption is temporary and this market will be less impacted compared to many other markets because even in this COVID-19 situation inkjet printers are used in pharmaceutical, education and others.
- So, during the meantime, this would be an opportunity for the companies to research and improve their product, develop ways to increase production of inkjet printers and others.
Questions Answered in the Inkjet Printer Market Research Report
- What are the leading market players active in the inkjet printer market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the inkjet printer market size?
- How the current inkjet printer market trends will influence the industry in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Inkjet Printer Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Dell, Brother, Xerox, Lexmark, Kodak, Ricoh, Hewlett-Packard (HP), Canon, Epson, OKI