Inline Metrology Market Outlook - 2027
Inline metrology means scanning, measuring and controlling all things inline while a part is in motion. It means reliable, automated, fast and non-destructive measurements that are fully integrated into a production line for comprehensive process control. It can be integrated into the transfer systems between processing steps. Thus, it finds its usage in applications such as reverse engineering, quality control & inspection and others in end uses such as semiconductors, aerospace, automotive, energy & power, medical and others. Innovations in the electronic systems industry make way for the growth of theinline metrology market.
The global inline metrology market is segmented on the basis of product, offering, application, end usersand region. Based on product, the market is divided intomachine vision systems, co-ordinate measuring machine, and optical sensors. In terms of offering, the market is categorized into software, hardware, and services. On the basis of application, the market is divided into reverse engineering, quality control & inspection, and others. On the basis of end usersthe market is divided into semiconductors, aerospace, automotive, energy & power, medical, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global inline metrology industry include Mitutoyo Corporation, Nikon Metrology, Renishaw, Faro Technologies, Carl Zeiss, LMI Technologies Inc., Metrologic Group, Hexagon, Cognex, ABB Ltd., and Others. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global inline metrology market.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- The global inline metrology market forecasthave been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The global factories have struggled to manufacture products involving inline metrology and also developing or improving the current inline metrology processes as workers have stayed in their homes, which have disrupted the global supply chain as well.
- The impact of COVID-19 on inline metrology market trends is temporary as just the production and supply chain is stalled. Once the situation improves, production, supply chains and demand for these products are gradually going to increase.
- This will provide opportunities for companies to think about ways of increasing production, research about technologies, and improve the current products
Top Impacting Factors
The major factors affecting the growth of theinline metrology market include increase in global spending on research and development activities for automation technologies, growing use of smart 3D sensors worldwide, and increasing global adoption of smart metrology solutions. But, the lack of expertise to handle inline metrology systems efficiently and high costs incurred for setting up inline metrology facilities may hinder market growth.
Moreover, the ongoing adoption of predictive analytics by new business models, increasing deployment of AI technology in automotive industry and growing demand for customized solutions from automobiles fuel the market growth.
New Product Launches to Flourish the Market
Perceptron developed partnership with Coherixinc in the year 2019. As Coherix Inc., manufactures and develops high definition and high speed 3D vision solutions for electronics, semiconductors & automotive applications, it will be beneficial for perceptron to increase the production capability in the machine vision sector.
Nikon metrology work together with the of BMW group’s body shop at Dingolfing in 2019. A new & advanced completely automatic inline measurement cell, which is generally used for quality control was developed by BMW due to the introduction of industry 4.0. The multiple measurement cell features a laser radar and provides full geometric examination of vehicle body components. Thus, these products flourished the market.
Surge in Usage in Electronics Industry
Manufacturers have been focusing on producing new products for specific applications as there are varying demands based on the utilization. There is surge in the usage of Inline metrology in the applications such as touch panel, photovoltaics, display, OLED/OPV, glass coating and others for devices in electronics industry. It can control industrial thin film production process by non-contact measurements. These inline metrology systems can be customized as well.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global inline metrology industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global inline metrology market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global inline metrology market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global inline metrology market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Inline MetrologyMarket Research Report
- What are the leading market players active in the inline metrology market size?
- What the current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Inline Metrology Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Nikon Metrology NV, Faro Technologies, AMETEK, Inc., Hexagon AB, Carl Zeiss AG, Perceptron, Jenoptik AG, Mitutoyo Corporation, Renishaw plc, KLA Corporation