Inserts and Dividers Market Outlook - 2027
Packaging is a very important factor for any industry as proper packaging ensures safety and prevents malfunctioning of the product. Different types of packaging are currently being used in the industry. Inserts and dividers are used in packaging boxes for the products to remain steady and stable in the packaging, thereby ensuring safety of the products. The use of inserts and dividers helps to avoid damages, such as breaking and tearing of the product, inside the packaging. Inserts and dividers are also known as corrugated cardboard inserts.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The demand for inserts and dividers is expected to decrease in 2020 due to low demand from different industries, such as pharmaceuticals and food, owing to the lockdown imposed by governments of many countries.
- COVID-19 crisis is likely to affect the inserts and dividers industry negatively as a result of halted manufacturing and massive reduction in demand for luxury and non-essential services globally.
- COVID-19 crisis had a mixed impact on the packaging industry, mainly due to closure of physical retail stores globally. However, the availability of online retailing has absorbed the high impact of this shutdown.
- The requirement of e-commerce specific packaging is likely to remain strong; although, the e-commerce companies would have to focus on protection of goods and sanitization of packages.
- In addition, the food packaging industry is on the frontline within the global packaging market, owing to the demand for essential products, such as groceries and fresh food, mainly from local e-retail sites.
- Industrial, transportation, and bulk packaging faced a sharp decline, owing to decreased demand for non-essential goods during the first two quarters of 2020.
- Low disposable income of maximum population and weak demand for packaging from industrial goods led the packaging industry to face significant pressure of reduction in both wholesale as well as retail costs.
- Consumers are likely to stay hesitant for consumption of luxury products, travel, and hospitality services. This is expected to hinder the packaging industry growth in the future after the COVID-19 crisis.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Different types of packaging solutions, which are generally termed as protective solutions, such as corrugated dividers, end caps sheets, and trays, are included in inserts and dividers. With the help of inserts and dividers, the number of products packed in each packaging can be increased, that is product to packaging ratio increases by using inserts and dividers. Manufacturers of the products find it easy and convenient to ship bigger boxes consisting of inserts and dividers. It removes the need of packaging of small boxes for each product separately, which proves to be economical as well for the manufacturer. Use of inserts and dividers also helps to reduce the waste of packaging material.
Another important function of inserts and dividers is that safety of the product is maintained. Therefore, inserts and dividers are considered to be an important part of the packaging system of the product. They used for packaging of a variety of products, including fragile and can also be used for shipping and packaging of luxury products, which need to be handled very carefully. Inserts are generally made up of foam and this can be used in different industries such as food & beverages, pharmaceuticals, and electronics. In the electronics industry, the products are delicate and proper packaging of electronics products, such as cameras, mobiles, and laptops, is necessary. Therefore, inserts and dividers are widely used in the electronics industry for the proper packaging of the products.
Packaging is one of the most important things after the manufacturing of the product. Without proper packaging, the safety of the product cannot be ensured. Inserts ad dividers are designed such that the position of the product placed between them is steady, which prevents any damage to the product. Therefore, this is the key driving factor for the growth of the inserts and drivers market.
The use of electronics items is necessary in today’s world; therefore, the use of these items is increasing in many countries across the globe. Items, such as laptops ad smart phones, need to be handled with care. Therefore, the rise in demand for inserts and dividers is expected during the forecast period.
Key restraining factors for the growth of the inserts and dividers market
There are various packaging products other than inserts and dividers, which are used to ensure safety of the product. Products, such as packing paper and bubble wraps, are commonly used for packaging to prevent the product against shocks and vibrations during transportation. Therefore, the availability of substitutes could hamper the growth of the inserts and dividers market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the inserts and dividers market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the inserts and dividers market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the inserts and dividers market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Inserts and Dividers Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End-User Industry
Key Market Players
Cascades Inc., Multicell Packaging Inc., GWP Group, Storopack Hans Reichenecker GmbH, Mount Vernon Packaging, Inc., Innerpak Inc., NEFAB Group, International Paper Company, DS Smith Plc., Packaging Corporation of America, Smurfit Kappa Group plc, Riverside Paper Co. Inc, Mondi Group plc