Instrument landing system (ILS) is a precision runway approach aid which provides accurate azimuth & guidance signals to aircraft for landing on the runway under conditions or adverse weather conditions. ILS facility is highly accurate & dependable, which consists of two antennas. Antennas provide guidance to pilot while landing in low visibility. Instrument landing system is a package of several components such as VHF localizer, UHF glide scope indicator, marker beacons, and approach lightning system. Instrument landing system has the advantage over other systems (WAAS and GBAS) as ILS system can easily land aircraft even when the aircraft is flying in auto-pilot mode. The instrument landing system can guide the aircrafts, which are approaching to runway in less than 1 km visibility.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- Due to COVID-19, the restrictions on air travel has decrease the opportunities for business development to instrument landing system companies, as airports are almost closed and upgradation work has stopped.
- The supply of spare parts such as approach lights, touchdown & centreline lights, and others is down, which is obstructing ongoing R&D in instrument landing system, especially in category III of ILS system.
- Considerable rise in demand in instrument landing system market is expected in near future as world is moving toward normalcy.
- The governments all across the globe has closed the boundaries of their countries in order to curb the transmission of virus, which is restricting engineers & other workers to move and hence affecting production of instrument landing systems.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Modernization of airports, increase in focus on runway safety, and rise in need for runway optimization for improving operational efficiency are some of the factors that drive the growth of the instrument landing system (ILS) market. However, high system installation & maintenance cost is hampering the market growth. Advancements in the ground-based augmentation system (GBAS) can be opportunistic for the growth of the instrument landing system (ILS) market in the future.
Modernization of airports
Increase in air traffic has resulted in the increment of aircraft fleets in order to meet the needs of growing air traffic. Due to increment in number of aircraft fleets, the landing & take offs during day has increased at airports. Therefore, the requirement to manage the increased number of fights per day has generated, which can be easily resolved by using instrument landing system (ILS). Hence, airports are undergoing with the modernization process and are replacing their systems with advance systems such as instrument landing system and thereby expected to generate significant demand in the global instrument landing system market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global instrument landing system (ILS) industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global instrument landing system (ILS) market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global instrument landing system (ILS) market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global instrument landing system (ILS) market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global landing system (ILS) market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global instrument landing system (ILS) market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Instrument Landing System (ILS) Market Report Highlights
By Airport Type
Key Market Players
Multi Electric - OCEM Airfield, Thales Defense & Security Inc., Collins Aerospace, Calzon, ADB SAFEGATE, Indra Navia AS, Universal Avionics Systems Corporation., Honeywell International Inc, Saab AB, Advanced Navigation and Positioning Corporation