Internal Combustion Engine Self-Driving Car Market Outlook- 2027
The movement torque provided to the self-driving cars is usually ensured by the internal combustion engine (ICE) by burning the fuel in the combustion chamber. Self-driving cars are the vehicles which are capable of sensing the environment around the vehicle and manoeuvring safely with a slight or even no human support. Furthermore, ICE autonomous vehicles are installed with various sensors such as light detection & ranging (LiDAR), artificial intelligence (AI), radio detection & ranging (Radar), sound navigation & ranging (Sonar), global positioning system (GPS) and odometry sensing technology to analyse the surroundings of the vehicle. Additionally, major developments in technology used in self-driving vehicles such as facial expression detection and activities such as braking & accelerations to avoid possible collisions makes the vehicle powerful, effectual, & attractive. Therefore, the innovative autonomous technology provided by the self-driving car manufacturers is expected to drive the market growth for the internal combustion engine self-driving car market.
COVID-19 scenario Analysis:
- The pandemic has experienced a negative impact on the internal combustion engine ICE) self-driving cars market size for the year 2020 due to which a major deviation is noticed in the growth of ICE self-driving cars manufacturers owing to coronavirus.
- The vendors in autonomous industry across the globe is affected severely due to the restrictions on producers as well as the declared lockdowns which in turn is affecting the internal combustion engine self-driving cars manufacturers worldwide.
- Self-driving car using internal combustion engine is an evolving sector which is majorly hampered due to the coronavirus as all type of production and installation process had been shut down across the affected countries & all operations were disrupted due to the pandemic.
- Majority of internal combustion engine autonomous vehicle manufacturers are facing issues such as low liquidity crisis and cash flow problems due to the lockdowns which further affects the production of internal combustion engine self-driving car manufacturers.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Growth in technology & dynamic mobility application such as connected vehicle, need for safe, productive & efficient driving option and integrity of technology are driving the growth of the market. However, cyber security & safety concerns and non-availability of required infrastructure in developing countries is expected to hamper the growth of the market. Contrarily, autonomous cars as a mobility service and robotic assistance helps in the growth of self-driving car can be seen as an opportunity for the market investments.
The internal combustion engine self-driving car market trends are as follows:
Cyber security and safety concerns
Autonomous cars could reduce the number of accidents as it uses various sensors such as RADAR and LIMAR which helps the driver to avoid collision. However, the cybersecurity & safety concerns are the key factors which are hindering the market growth for the internal combustion engine autonomous cars. Furthermore, self-driving cars are installed with numerous artificial intelligence codes which can be easily manipulated by the hackers and hence electronic system can expose the driving routes & the destination which could threaten the privacy of passengers. For instance, in the year 2017, Chinese researchers hacked Tesla Model X via Wi-Fi & cellular connections by uploading software to the vehicle’s web browser and extracting navigation routes of the vehicle. Therefore, the cybersecurity and safety concerns regarding the vehicle, will hamper the growth of the internal combustion engine self-driving car market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the internal combustion engine self-driving cars industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with challenges of the internal combustion engine self-driving car market.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the internal combustion engine self-driving car market growth scenario.
- We can also determine autonomous will remain a significant revenue shareholder in the internal combustion engine self-driving car market through the predictable future.
Questions answered in the internal combustion engine self-driving car market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the internal combustion engine self-driving car market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Internal Combustion Engine Self-Driving Car Market Report Highlights
By Level of Automation
Key Market Players
Volvo cars, Volkswagen group, Toyota Motors., Ford motors, General motors, Apple Inc., BMW, Google Inc, Tesla Inc, Mercedes Benz