Intramedullary nail is a metal rod forced into the medullary cavity of a bone. It is also called as intramedullary rod or interlocking nail or kuntscher nail. It is used to treat fractures in the long bones of the body. The earliest intramedullary rods were designed in triangular or ‘v’ shape in cross-section. The modified version of the intramedullary nail is in clover leaf shape. Likewise, various modifications were made in the shapes of intramedullary nails like ‘V’ nails for tibia and radius and ulna nails, rusch nails, and so on. Nowadays, titanium is used for the designing of the nail. It offers various advantage over other materials used in the past. It provides improved biocompatibility and also the mechanical failure rates lowered. The problem of failure in prevention of collapse or rotation in the inherently unstable fractures was also fixed by the standard nails or locked intramedullary nails used nowadays. These nails come with the bolts fixed on each end of the nail that helps to fix it to the bony cortex, preventing rotation among the fragments. Intramedullary nails follow two types of mechanism namely ratcheting type and rotating spindle type.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
To take care of infected population, the demand for medical supplies is increasing. Respiratory support devices such as atomizer, life-support machine, oxygen generator, and monitor are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. With rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide, the need for medical supplies keeps on rising among, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand of medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, impact analysis
Major growth factors of the intramedullary nails market are increase in the advantages offered by the intramedullary nails plating and the availability of different nails with different sizes, increase in number of reimbursements related to healthcare, rise in the incidences of the birth deformities of femur, humerus, tibia among children, increase in the number of geriatric population, surge in the emergence of the intramedullary nails which are MRI and CT scan associated, and the help from the government in the stringent regulations.
However, lack of awareness among the population about the intramedullary nails and the complications associated with its use are the factors restraints the growth of the intramedullary nails market.
New product launches to flourish the market:
In May 2018, Orthopediatrics Corporation received the U.S. FDA approval for its product PediNail intramedullary nail for the kids. It was launched for the suitability of the kids.
In January 2018, OrthoXel DAC received the U.S.FDA and European CE Mark approval for its product Apex Tibial Nailing System.
Surge in the usage of the intramedullary nails
Increase in the incidences of the birth deformities of femur, humerus, tibia among the children and availability of the different nails with different sizes drive the usage of intramedullary nails.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global intramedullary nails industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global intramedullary nails market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global intramedullary nails market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the intramedullary nails market.
- The report provides a detailed global intramedullary nails market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the intramedullary nails market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the intramedullary nails market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the intramedullary nails market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Intramedullary Nails Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Aysam Orthopaedics & Medical Devices., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Biomet Inc., GPC Medical USA, Inc., aap Implantate AG, Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc., CarboFix Orthopaedics, Advanced Orthopaedic Solutions, Inc., Wuhan Dragonbio Surgical Co, Ltd., Johnson & Johnson.