Intramuscular injector is an injecting device used to delivering medications deep into the muscles. At present, intramuscular injectors are used in modern medicine to enable quick absorption of medication in the bloodstream. Generally, these injectors are used to deliver vaccines and drugs. In addition, these are highly preferred to other drug delivery routes for quick treatment, as muscle tissues have higher blood supply as compared to the tissues present under the skin and muscles are capable of holding high volume of medication.
The global intramuscular injectors market is driven by growth in prevalence of chronic diseases that require medications through muscles, rise in demand for biosimilars and vaccination, and increased demand for drug delivery due to its advantages. However, high cost of prefilled injectors and stringent approval process forms restrain the market growth. Conversely, increase in the number of investors due to high demand for biologics development is anticipated to provide lucrative growth opportunities to the market.
The global intramuscular injectors market is segmented on the basis of product, site, and end user. On the basis of product, it is categorized into pre-fillable injection system and fillable needle-free injectors. Based on site, it is divided into dorsogluteal muscle or buttock, deltoid muscle or upper arm, ventrogluteal muscle or hip, and vastus lateralis muscle or thigh. On the basis of end user, it is classified into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Prominent market players have focused on product launch as their key strategy to cater to the growing demand for drugs and vaccinations in the market. For instance, in December 2016, BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) launched BD Neopak 2.25 mL prefillable glass syringe. In February 2017, PharmaJet Inc., launched PharmaJet Stratis Injector, which is used for administering influenza vaccination.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of the key market players, such as Antares Pharma Inc., Endo International Plc., Bioject Medical Technologies Inc., PharmaJetMedical International Technology, Inc., National Medical Products Co. Ltd., Valeritas, Inc., European Pharma Group B. V., PenJet Corporation, and Becton, Dickinson, and Company are provided in the report. The other players of the market are Injex Pharma AG, Crossject SA, Advanced Life Sciences Private Limited, Solace Biotech Ltd., Edmund Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., Iva Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., Sanify Healthcare Private Limited, Novosanis N. V., Vata, Inc., and Kaleo, Inc.
- The report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends & future estimations and dynamics of the global intramuscular injectors market.
- In-depth analysis of the industry is provided in this report by constructing market estimations of key market segments from 2016 to 2023.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global market by type helps in understanding the types of injectors that are currently used along with the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the near future.
- The key market players and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Intramuscular Injector Market Key Segments:
- Pre-fillable Injection System
- Fillable Needle-free Injectors
- Dorsogluteal Muscle or Buttock
- Deltoid Muscle or Upper Arm
- Ventrogluteal Muscle or Hip
- Vastus Lateralis Muscle or Thigh
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- South Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA