Various bacteria and microorganisms can enter the body to for a new infection via various mucosal sites. There is a huge amount of vaccines licensed at the moment that are parenterally administered. They can build strong immunity but cannot generate mucosal immunity. Nasal vaccinations are used on a large scale for the foundation of immunity for infections, which specifically enter through the mucus. Administration through mucosal sites, especially through nasal route, adds up to the promising and alternative measures for the delivery of vaccines and drugs. These routes have various benefits, which help in several pathologies. Various key players work on the innovation of novel drugs and other devices for the vaccine delivery through the nasal route. Furthermore, various evidences help in the adoption of drugs and vaccines through the nasal route for safety. In recent years, there have been various doubts for the nasal delivery of drugs and vaccines, but this sector of healthcare has been growing at an accelerating rate.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicines supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs, such as hydroxychloroquine, have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19.
- Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs as many developed countries are short of these drugs. The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries are expected to witness a significant growth in the future, owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19.
- Attributed to such factors, COVID-19 is expected to have a significant impact on the market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Rise in frequencies of neurological and respiratory disorders and increase in regards to intranasal product launches are the major factors that propel the growth of the intranasal drug and vaccine delivery market. There has been significant rise in demand for nasal products, which are non-invasive and skillfully tolerated by the patients. There are other upgrades underway in technology with regards to the nasal drug delivery systems. It has been scientifically proved that nasal drug deliveries are useful for central nervous system disease treatment as the nasal route directly connects the nervous system even when there is a barrier of blood-brain connections.
An increase has been observed in prescriptions for non-invasive drugs, which work on the nasal delivery routes to treat various chronic disorders such as allergies, rhinitis, CNS diseases, and migraine. Therefore, this affects the growth of the intranasal drug and vaccine delivery market positively. On the other hand, there have been various complexities and side effect related to nasal products, which are the major challenge faced by the intranasal drug and vaccine delivery market.
New product launches and acquisitions to boost the market
On February 5th, 2020, Nemera developed an electronic nasal spray, Safe’n’Spray. This device received an award at Pharmapack for best innovation. On July 25th, 2019, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved the Unidose Powder system, which was launched by AptarGroup, Inc. On July 3rd, 2019, Insys Therapeutics, Inc. got an approval from the U.S. FDA for its new drug application unit-dose naloxone nasal spray. This spray is used for the treatment of opioid overdose. On March 19th, 2019, Aptar Pharma got approval from the U.S. FDA. This approval was received for its new product, Bidose nasal spray device. This device was used for the treatment of depression.
Surge in usage in retail pharmacies applications
Retail pharmacies, online pharmacies, and hospital pharmacies are the major consumers of the intranasal drug and vaccine delivery market. Amongst them, retail pharmacies are the biggest end-users of the market. This is attributed to the significant rise in the positive outcomes of medicines, raise in awareness, and self-administration. Moreover, various developers of these devices collaborate for the betterment of the pharmacy chains.
Along with this, various online pharmacies are also rising in the past few years, owing to the discounted offers granted by the owners of online portals. Additionally, lower costs attract the payers as well as the patients.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the intranasal drug and vaccine delivery market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the intranasal drug and vaccine delivery market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the intranasal drug and vaccine delivery market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the intranasal drug and vaccine delivery market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Intranasal Drug and Vaccine Delivery Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Aptar Pharma, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Teva Pharmaceuticals, UCB, Inc., 3M, Teleflex Corporation, Intersect ENT, OptiNose, Inc., Bespak