Intraosseous infusion is used to introduce any medications or solutions into the human bone marrow to offer an entry point in the systemic circulation. This technique is usually conducted when intravenous access is not available or not possible. This procedure is also used for vascular entry & for drug administration in adults and children. The infusion is usually introduced from proximal & distal tibia, sternum (FAST1), and humerus EZ-IO.
The global intraosseous infusion devices market is growing steadily, mainly owing to a rise in the number of emergency medical cases and increase in the incidence of chronic disorders such as traumatic injuries, cardiovascular diseases, obesity, and severe burns that increases the probability of hospitalization.
In addition, sedentary lifestyles negatively impact human health, thereby increasing the risk of various disorders such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, end-stage renal disease, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, urology disorders, and other chronic illnesses. The high success rate of nearly 97% with the help of intraosseous devices helps boost the market growth. Nevertheless, an increased risk of the compartment syndrome due to gushing of fluids & drugs into soft tissues and restricted use in individuals with severe osteoporosis & hypovolemic conditions are some of the factors that could hamper the market growth.
The global intraosseous infusion device market is segmented based on product type, technology, route of administration, end user, and geography. Based on product type, the market is categorized into FAST1 device, Dieckmann modified needle, BIG device, EZ-IO device, Jamshidi needle, FASTx device, and NIO. Based on technology, the market is categorized into battery powered driver, manual IO needles, and impact driven devices. Based on route of administration, the market is segmented into distal femur, sternum, distal & proximal tibia, and calcaneus, and head of humerus. Based on end-users, the market is divided into hospitals, emergency medical ambulatory surgical centers, services, and cardiac care centers. Based on geography, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Pyng Medical Corp., Biopsybell, Cook Medical Incorporated, PAVmed, PerSys Medical, Aero Healthcare, Teleflex, Inc., and Becton Dickinson and Company have also been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global market.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2017-2023, which helps identify prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2017 to 2023 in terms of value.
- Competitive intelligence helps understand the competitive scenario globally.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the market has been provided with key market dynamic factors that help understand the behavior of the market.
Intraosseous Infusion Device Market Key Segments:
By Product Type
- FAST1 device
- Dieckmann Modified Needle
- BIG device
- EZ-IO device
- Jamshidi Needle
- FASTx device
- Battery Powered Driver
- Manual IO Needles
- Impact Driven Devices
By Route of Administration
- Distal Femur
- Distal & Proximal Tibia
- Head of Humerus
By End Users
- Emergency Medical Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Cardiac Care Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA