Intravenous Antibodies Market Overview 2030:
Immunoglobulin refers to the breakdown of blood plasma that contains antibody and intravenous immunoglobulin (IVIG) can be defined as a blood product administered intravenously. This therapy is applicable toindividuals who cannot produce adequate number of antibodies. Intravenous immunoglobulin therapy helps patients with common variable immunodeficiency, WiskottAldrichsyndrome, x-linked agammaglobulinemia, and other forms of hypogammaglobulinemia.
Immunoglobulins are the glycoprotein molecules manufactured by the plasma or the white blood Cells. Immunoglobulins form a very critical line of defense of the immune system by specially recognizing and binding themselves to particular antigens (such as bacteria and viruses) and aid in their destruction.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in the Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
- Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicine supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed a dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunities for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are facing shortage of these drugs. Thus, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industriesare expected to witness a significant growth in the future owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19. This, in turn, is expected to have a significant impact on the intravenous antibodies market.
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a positive impact on the growth of the intravenous immunoglobulin market globally. According to the research article published in Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2020, in the UK Primary Immunodeficiency Network had documented the impact of COVID-19 infection of Primary Immunodeficiency Disease (PID) and Symptomatic Secondary Immunodeficiency (SID) individuals. The study revealed that out of 100 individuals with PID, SID, autoinflammatory diseases, and C1 inhibitor deficiency, 70% of the individuals were infected with the SARS-CoV2 virus and 59% were admitted to hospitals, with 8% being admitted to Intensive Care Units.
- Thus, as the immune deficient individuals are at higher risk of being infected with COVID-19, the market for immunoglobulin therapies is expected to spike during the pandemic. Thus, owing to the aforementioned factors, the studied market is expected to witness healthy growth during the pandemic era.
Top Impacting Factors
- The major factors driving the growth of the intravenous immunoglobulin market include significant rise in geriatric population & number of hemophilic patients, improved technologies pertaining to the immunoglobulin production, and enhanced purification techniques (with better plasma yield). Furthermore, surge in prevalence of diseases such as chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy (CIDP), hypogammaglobulinemia, and increase in number of patients suffering with autoimmune diseases and other pathological conditions are supporting the growth of IVIG products in the market.
- Stringent government regulations toward the use of intravenous immunoglobulin products and high risk of side effects associated with them are expected to hamper the growth of the market. On the contrary, high adoption of intravenous immunoglobulin for the treatment of various diseases is expected to create lucrative opportunities in the near future.
- In addition, high treatment cost also impedes growth of IVIGmarket. IVIGproducts are very expensive as the materials required to produce them cost more and the manufacturing process requires a significant amount of blood samples from donors.Furthermore, high risks of the side-effects associated with IVIGtreatment also restrain growth of the intravenous antibodies market. These side-effects inhibit the acceptance of IVIGproducts by many patients.
The primary immunodeficiency diseases segment is expected to witness healthy growth over the forecast period. According to the research article published in Frontiers in Immunology, 2020, the incidence of primary immunodeficiency diseases (PIDs) is 1 in 10,000 population globally, and the majority of PIDs are presented in early childhood. Additionally, as per the research article, titled "Systematic Review of Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases in Malaysia: 1979–2020," published in Frontiers in Immunology, 2020, approximately six million people are predicted to be living with PIDs globally, among which only 27,000–60,000 cases arediagnosed. The incidence of PIDs in Singapore was observed to be 2.65 per 100,000 live births and an estimated occurrence rate of one in 37,000 live births, as per the abovementioned source. Hence, the growth in the burden of PIDs globally is expected to drive the studied segment growth during the forecast period.
In addition, players haveadoptedfor various others extensive growth strategies such as distribution and other collaborative agreements in order to increase theirshare as well as market penetration into developing countries.
Key Benefits of Report
- This report presents the detail analysis of the intravenous antibodies market along with current trends, opportunities and future estimates for the investment in market.
- The report presents information related to the key drivers, restraints, and new technological development in the intravenous antibodies market.
- The current market is analyzed to emphasize the intravenous antibodies market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrate the potency of buyers and suppliers in market.
- The report provides detailed analysis of the intravenous antibodies market based on market competition and how it will take shape in upcoming years.
Questions Answered in the Intravenous Antibodies Market Report
- What are intravenous antibodies?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in upcoming years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- Which are the leading players in the intravenous antibodies market?
- What projections will help in taking strategic steps in the future?
- Which are the major end user sectors in intravenous antibodies market?
- What is the major regional market in intravenous antibodiesmarket?
- What are the key benefits of this intravenous antibodies market report?
Intravenous Antibodies Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Beijing Tiantan Biological Products Co., Ltd., Octapharma AG, Guizhou Taibang Biological Products Co., Ltd., CSL Limited, Hualan Biological Engineering Inc., Grifols, S.A, China Biologic Products, Inc., Shanghai RAAS Blood Products Co., Ltd., Baxter International Inc., Biotest AG