Ion implantation is a process done at low temperatures in which ions of one element is made to penetrate into a solid target, thereby changing the physical, chemical, or electrical properties of the target. Ion implantation is commonly used in semiconductor doping with boron, phosphorus, or arsenic. When implanted in a semiconductor, each dopant atom can create a charge carrier in the semiconductor. Ion implantation is one of the fundamental processes used to make microchips from silicon. It is also used to toughen steel by implanting nitrogen molecule and also for reinforcing the materials used for making prosthetic devices to prevent them from erosion.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has severely affected the global ion implanter market to a great extent. Stringent regulations implemented by the governments as lockdowns and social distancing resulted in significant decrease in production of major industries.
- Attributed to the economic slowdown caused by the pandemic, the demand for electronics has fallen steeply. The electronics industry being a major end-user industry has also restrained the growth of the global ion implanter market.
- Moreover, disruptions in supply chains caused due to the restrictions in national and international transports have also affected the functioning of industries of the ion implanter market.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
The main application of ion implantation is to make microchips from silicon. The increasing demand for electronic devices and dependence of the semiconductor industry on silicon substrates have acted as major drivers for the growth of the global ion implanter market. Ion implant is required for the production of plasmatic nanocomposites that have various light management applications such as trapping light in photovoltaic cell and local refractive index sensing. The increasing requirement for noble metal nanoparticle offering high stability is manufactured by the ion-implantation process. This is also expected to increase the demand for various forms of ion implantation processes in near future. Moreover, use of ion implantation in industrial applications for strengthening steel used in various machineries and in the IT industry for production of circuit boards is also expected to positively impact the ion implanter market.
However, higher initial investments for equipment costs may act as restraining factor for the growth of the ion implanter market.
The ion implanter market is mainly driven by the Asia-Pacific region with high demands for microelectronics in the regional market. The region is expected to dominate due to the presence of several electronic goods manufacturers such as Panasonic Corp and Mitsubishi Corp.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global ion implanter market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global ion implanter market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2027 to highlight the global ion implanter market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Ion Implanter Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
Key Market Players
ULVAC Inc., Varian Inc, Intevac Inc., Sumitomo Heavy Industries, Nissin Ion Equipment, Applied Materials, Axcelis Technologies, Sumitomo Heavy Industries Ltd., Advanced Ion Beam Technology Inc., Nissin Electric Co. Ltd., Ion beam services SA, Amtech Systems Inc.