Ionic liquids are molten ionic salts with melting point less than 100C and boiling point more than 400C. Ionic liquids possess different chemical properties such as thermal stability, low vapor pressure, liquid crystalline structures, high heat capacity, miscibility with water, or organic solvents. Ionic liquids also possess non-flammability and electrical properties such as high electric conductivity, biphasic systems, high electro-elasticity, and others. Due to their excellent properties, ionic liquids are used in solvents, electrolytes, displays, analytical instruments, lubricants, and others. Ionic liquids are used by various industries namely catalysts & solvents, electronics, automotive, and pharmaceuticals among others.
The ionic liquids market is a growing market driven by the increased demand from the end users majorly from the catalysts and solvent industry. Asia-Pacific leads the market followed by North America and Europe due to the strategic developments such as increased R&D activities, expansions, and acquisitions. The major factors that drive the market include their unique chemical properties, advancements in the product, and application launch. However, factors such as high cost of raw materials and fluctuation in exchange rates are expected to restrain the market growth during the forecast period.
The report segments the ionic liquids market on the basis of application, end users, and geography. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into process chemicals and performance chemicals. The report is divided into end users such as catalysts & solvents, food, paper & pulp, electronics, biotechnology, automotive, pharmaceuticals, and others. Geographic breakdown and deep analysis of each of the aforesaid segments is included for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as BASF SE, Evonik Industries, Solvay S.A., Merck KGAA, The Chemours Company, Proionic, Solvionic SA, Ionic Liquids Technologies GmbH, Strem Chemicals Inc., Coorstek Specialty Chemicals, Jinkai Chemical Co., Ltd., Reinste Nanoventure, and Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem Pvt. Ltd., are also provided in the report.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global ionic liquids market.
- In-depth analysis is conducted by constructing market estimations for the key market segments between 2014 and 2022.
- Geographically, the ionic liquids market is analyzed for regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA along with analysis of major countries in each region.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of ionic liquids) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the global ionic liquids market is provided.
- Extensive analysis of the ionic liquids market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Key market players within the ionic liquids market are profiled in this report and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps understand competitive outlook of ionic liquids market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- By Application
- Process Chemicals
- Performance Chemicals
- By End User
- Catalysts & Solvents
- Paper & Pulp
- By Geography
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
- North America