Ioversol is an organoiodine compound, which contains one or more carbon-iodine bonds. It is a radiopaque contrast agent that absorbs X-rays. It allows blood vessels, organs, and other non-bony tissues to be seen more clearly on a CT scan or other radiologic (X-ray) examination. This unique property of ioversol has led to increased application such as in ultrasound scattering and magnetic resonance imaging. It helps to diagnose disorders of the heart, brain, and blood vessels.
Rise in number of accidents and increase in prevalence of bone-related diseases & kidney problems are the key drivers of the global ioversol market. In addition, growth in geriatric population has led to increased orthopedic disorders and cardiovascular disorders, resulting in the development of the X-ray industry, which in turn fuels the market growth. However, overdose of ioversol might lead allergic reaction; breathing problem; swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat; and dehydration & dry skin, which restrains the market growth. Increase in spending on healthcare and advancements in X-ray, CT scan, and other radiological & diagnostic examinations are anticipated to provide new opportunities for the market players.
The ioversol market is segmented based on type, application, and geography. On the basis of type, the market is divided into ioversol 34% injectable solution (optiray 160), ioversol 51% injectable solution (optiray 240), ioversol 64% injectable solution (optiray 300), ioversol 68% injectable solution (optiray 320), and ioversol 74% injectable solution (optiray 350). By application, it is categorized into X-ray, CT scan, brain disorders, blood vessel disorders, heart disorders, and others. The report analyzes the market trends in different geographies, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players profiled in this study include:
- Liebel-Flarsheim Company LLC
- Jiangsu Hengrui Medicine Co.
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- China Resources Pharmaceutical (Shanghai) Co.,
- HB Ocean
- Novalek Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
- Stellence Pharmscience Pvt. Ltd.
- A.S. Joshi & Company
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global ioversol market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends and quantitative analysis for the period of 2016-2023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the types and applications of ioversol.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Ioversol Market Key Segmentation
- Ioversol 34% Injectable Solution (Optiray 160)
- Ioversol 51% Injectable Solution (Optiray 240)
- Ioversol 64% Injectable Solution (Optiray 300)
- Ioversol 68% Injectable Solution (Optiray 320)
- Ioversol 74% Injectable Solution (Optiray 350)
- CT Scan
- Brain Disorders
- Blood Vessel Disorders
- Heart Disorders
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA