Iron deficiency anemia is a type of anemia when the body has less iron. Low healthy red blood cells cause anemia. Oxygen to body tissues is provided by RBC (red blood cells). In making hemoglobin, Iron plays a major role which is part of red cells. Lack of hemoglobin shows less oxygen in the body. It is important to maintain iron levels. Iron deficiency can be treated or prevented by intake of iron-rich foods like fruits, meat, vegetables and grains. Iron deficiency can be prevented by Vitamin C.
Iron deficiency can be treated through blood tests & medical history. Generally, these tests show results such as low hemoglobin (Hg), hematocrit (Hct), low serum iron (FE), low ferritin, and low iron saturation. Growth issues in children, infants & pregnancy complications are core complications of iron deficiency anemia. Almost 20% of women of childbearing age have issues of iron deficiency, as per the report of the National Heart, Lung, Blood Institute (NLBHI). Irregular or rapid heartbeat due to lack of oxygen in the blood leads to complications such as enlarged heart or heart failure.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis
- Rising awareness among the people, increasing incidence of Iron deficiency anemia patients, use of iron supplements during pregnancy are likely to run the market in the long run. Additionally, sedimentary lifestyles, rise in diseases are also factors responsible to drive the market of Iron Deficiency anemia.
- The global outbreak of the COVID-19 is seen to be an unprecedented event. There are disruptions in the supply chain of essential medical supplies and medical devices in the year 2020, especially due to trade and travel restrictions in the Asia-Pacific countries, Europe, and U.S.
- For the prevention of the rapid spread of COVID-19 globally, medical treatments were classified as essential and elective procedures. All these procedures were canceled or postponed during the first half of 2020.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
- Growth in the market is to drive due to a rise in the risk of haemodilution. Lifestyle changes play a major role in enhancing the iron deficiency market globally. Lack of awareness and high costs are factors that can restrain the market growth. In terms of therapy, the market can be segmented into oral iron therapy, red cell transfusion, dietary therapy, and parenteral iron therapy.
- North America is founded out to be the largest market for iron deficiency anemia, with Asia-Pacific and Europe to follow. The U.S. is seen to be the major player in North America for iron deficiency anemia market in terms of revenue. The number of patients is the core reason for the expanding market in Asia-Pacific. Thus Africa & Asia-Pacific are projected to be the most attractive market in the upcoming days, especially emerging countries such as China, India, Brazil & Japan due to health infrastructure, improving insurance players, economic growth and development of the private health sector with rising awareness among the people.
- For example, the Government of Sierra Leone (Africa), with collaboration with Strengthening Partnership Results and Innovations in Nutrition Globally (SPRING), worked on a strategy to solve the problem with different national sectors to build multi-sectoral programs in at the national level, the objective of the program began with SPRING closely with the government of Nepal Kyrgyz Republic, Uganda, Ghana along with Sierra Leone
- The Government of Sierra Leone (Africa), with support from the Strengthening Partnership Results and Innovations in Nutrition Globally (SPRING), worked on a broad strategy to tackle anemia with different national sectors to build multi-sectoral programs at the national level, the main objective of the program began SPRING closely with the government of the Kyrgyz Republic, Ghana, Nepal and Uganda alongside Sierra Leone.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global iron deficiency anemia market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the Iron deficiency anemia market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global Iron deficiency anemia market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global iron deficiency anemia market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Iron Deficiency Anemia Market Research Report
- What are the leading market players active in the Iron deficiency anemia market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Report Tag: Iron Deficiency Anemia Market Research Report, Iron Therapy, Red Blood Cells, Hemoglobin,
Iron Deficiency Anemia Market Report Highlights
By Therapy Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Pharmacosmos A/S, AMAG Pharmaceuticals,, Bayer AG, Luitpold Pharmaceuticals Inc, Apotex, Akebia Therapeutics, Inc., Acceleron Pharma.