Jojoba, native to the hot arid areas of Northern Mexico and South Western U.S., is a perennial shrub. The seed from jojoba plant consists of 45 to 55% oil or liquid wax having chemical properties similar to the body fat obtained from sperm whale. This oil is suitable to be mainly used in cosmetics, waxes, and high pressure lubricants.
In cosmetics, jojoba oil is employed for providing skin protection and prevent aging, resulting in its increased penetration in different cosmetics such as sunscreens, lotions, skin creams, moisturizers, lipsticks, and balms. In pharmaceuticals, it is utilized as a carrier for medicinal formulae, antibiotics stabilizer, and appetite depressant. Jojoba oil is also used as foam control agent, electric insulator, transformer oil, plasticizer, factice, adhesive, and more, owing to its various characteristics such as great viscosity index, compatibility with additives, and miscibility in mineral oil base stocks. Apart from that, it plays a major role as lubricant in various high temperature and pressure applications such as hydraulics. Moreover, it acts as transformer oil, grading, and cutting oil as well.
Huge demand in cosmetics industry and rise in application in herbal medicines drive the market. Also, high industrial growth rate in emerging economies supports the jojoba oil market expansion. Besides, guidelines from regulatory bodies such as EPA and REACH is another factor that results in consumer preference for organic personal care products, subsequently, driving the market. However, lack of commercialization of jojoba oil is anticipated to hamper the market growth.
The report segments the jojoba oil market on the basis of grade, application, and geography. Based on grade, the market is divided into winterised jojoba and lite or bleached jojoba. By application, the market is classified into cosmetics, pharmaceutical, industrial, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive Competitive Analysis And Profiles Of Major Market Players Provided In The Report Are:
- Desert Whale Jojoba Company
- Eco Oil Argentina SA
- Purcell Jojoba International
- Egyptian Natural Oil Co.
- The Jojoba Company
- Inca Oil SA
- W. Ulrich GMBH
- Earth Expo Company
- El Baraka For Natural Oils
- Sivkin Butik
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics of the global jojoba oil market.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- Detailed analysis of the industry based on the grade and application help understand the potential application.
- Porters Five Forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplierbuyer network.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring of top players within the market framework.
Jojoba Oil Market Key Segments:
- Winterised Jojoba
- Lite Jojoba (Bleached Jojoba)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA