Kaolin Market Analysis:
Kaolin is a type of clay found in sedimentary rocks. It is used to manufacture medicines for low diarrhea and cholera. It is sometimes injected to help stop bleeding. It is a concentrated silicate mineral, with a single tetrahedral sheet of silica. Properties, such as smoothness and whiteness, make the product suitable for the type of paper sheets and coating material in the paper industry. Furthermore, kaolin is used by blocking, grinding, centering, casting, blasting, and handling chemicals for the treatment of the plastic and polymer business.
- The mining industry contributes majority share of the economy, which essentially provides raw materials for various industries.
- There has been decline in mining activities and delay in ongoing projects due to government regulations to curb the pandemic.
- Raw materials for several industries are produced though the mining process, which is at a halt leading to disruption in supply of raw materials.
Top impacting factors: Market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Kaolin is ideal for applications in the ceramic industry, paintings, and adhesives due to its high density, chemical composition, delicate texture, and particle composition. In addition, metakaolin, mainly due to its high durability is widely used in applications such as concrete and cement.
Kaolin helps to provide the best appearance of sheets and paper. Its properties are characterized by brightness, smoothness, and non-transparency. Kaolin is also used in other paper variants due to its ink and ink pigment holdout, low texture tendency, and hardness, which improve paper translation. The increase in use of kaolin in the aforementioned applications is expected to drive the growth of the market.
The increase in number of construction projects is expected to escalate the demand for clay and paint manufacturing in the country, thereby boosting the demand for kaolin in the coming years. The water purification process, also known as wet processing, is used to produce kaolin by blocking, grinding, casting, and spraying chemicals in the treatment of impure kaolin. Market growth can be attributed to increase in demand from the construction industry. The product is widely used in materials such as paint & attachments, ceramic tiles, concrete, and mud. The increased use of kaolin as filler for improving properties, such as strength, abrasion resistance, and durability in natural & synthetic rubber products, continually creates lucrative opportunities for players working in the kaolin market.
Apart from the increased demand for kaolin, the availability of alternate surfaces, such as carbonates, talc, saturated mud, and rubber clay, is expected to hamper the market growth in the coming years. Prolonged exposure to kaolin causes lung-related diseases such as chronic bronchitis and pulmonary emphysema, thus hindering its growth in the global market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the kaolin market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the kaolin market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the kaolin market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the kaolin market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Kaolin Market Report Highlights
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Imerys SA, LB Minerals Ltd., Stephan Schmidt KG, Quarzwerke GmbH, Kamin LLC, BASF SE, Kaolin AD, Morien Resource Corporation