Kidney cancer or renal cancer is one of the ten most frequently diagnosed cancers, found mainly in people aged 60 or above. According to the estimates of the American Cancer Society (ACS), 61,560 new kidney cancer cases and 14,080 deaths would occur in 2015. Due to the increasing prevalence with no cure of this deadly disease, till date, there is an imminent need for effective kidney cancer drugs.
The renal cancer drug therapy market has witnessed a dramatic change in its treatment paradigm over the last three decades. Although, there are a variety of treatment options available, innovators have now shifted their focus towards more targeted therapies and immunotherapies. The market is primarily driven by lifestyle affecting factors such as reduced physical activity, excessive smoking and drinking. Rising aging population and the mounting prevalence of kidney cancer cases are some of the additional factors boosting the growth of the market. Strong pipeline and fast-emerging treatments are expected to further boost the market during the analysis period. However, high cost of drugs, looming off-patents and uncertain reimbursement policies are some of the factors that are likely to restrain the market growth.
Winning a physicians confidence regarding the cost, efficacy and dosage would lead to a higher acceptance of drugs in the market. Additionally, immunotherapies would emerge as an opportunity for innovators in the kidney cancer drugs market. Furthermore, untapped geographies with a high undiagnosed patient base would offer lucrative opportunities for the innovators in future. However, overcoming the generic drugs competition would be a key challenge for the leading innovators.
The market is expected to register substantial growth in the near future. This can be attributed to the various strategies adopted by the leading industry players. One of the key strategies adopted is collaboration agreement. Recently, Roche signed an agreement with Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. in order to evaluate the safety and efficacy of its immunotherapy drug, namely, MPDL3280A in combination with latters CD27 targeting investigational antibody, varlilumab for the treatment of renal cell carcinoma.
To provide a detailed market assessment, the report segments the kidney cancer drugs market on the basis of therapy type and geography. On the basis of therapy type, the market is segmented into Targeted Therapy, Chemotherapy and Immunotherapy. The report covers a geographic breakdown and a detailed analysis of each of the aforesaid segments across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Bayer AG, Pfizer, Inc., Novartis AG and others, are also provided in the report.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global kidney cancer drugs market
- Extensive research is done for the market by therapy type which instils a clear understanding regarding the currently used targeted therapy drugs, evolving role of immunotherapies and in-line extensions opted for existing drugs
- The report covers the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- The studies evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account in this report to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies
- A detailed SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- Owing to an emerging pipeline in the kidney cancer drugs market, clinical studies have also been taken into account to better understand the market potential and opportunities
- The kidney cancer drugs market scenario is comprehensively analyzed in accordance with the key regions
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practises followed by leading market players across geographies
Kidney/Renal Cancer Drugs Market Report Highlights
By Therapy Type
Key Market Players
Cipla Limited, Onyx Pharmaceuticals Inc., Novartis AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Genentech, Inc., Active Biotech AB, Pfizer, Inc., Amgen, Bayer AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc