Knee replacement is the type of joint replacement surgery that is used to treat patients with knee damaging diseases that include post-traumatic arthritis, osteoarthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis. There are various steps involved to complete the surgical procedure of a knee replacement. The knee replacement devices are made of different materials such as metal alloys, ceramic material, or strong plastic parts.
Technological advancements in the field of orthopedic implants such as minimal invasive surgery, availability of advanced & more durable implant materials, and their improved success rates attract the attention of the younger population to undergo knee replacement surgery, ultimately increasing the market growth. Moreover, the use of advanced technology such as 3D printed knee implants increases the demand for knee replacement devices.
As older people are more prone to suffer from knee related issues, the rise in geriatric population will increase the requirement of knee surgeries and will thus increase the demand for these devices. Knee-associated disorders are some of the major global health issues among people above 40 years. Some of the common joint problems worldwide are arthritis, back pain, trauma, and osteoporosis. Moreover, the availability of advanced treatment options and improved healthcare infrastructure has increased the life expectancy globally, thus increasing the number of elderly population.
Furthermore, increase in the number of bone-related disorders, obesity, accident cases, the rise in the demand for knee implants, availability of advanced designs, and the presence of favorable reimbursements are also expected to augment the market growth.
The global knee replacement devices market is segmented on the basis of procedure type, component type, end user, and geography. Based on procedure type, the market is categorized into primary knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and revision knee replacement. Primary knee replacement is further bifurcated into cemented knee replacement and cementless knee replacement. Based on component type, the market is categorized into fixed-bearing implants and mobile-bearing implants. Based on end-users, the market is further divided into hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers. Based on geography, the market has been analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Aesculap Implant Systems, Zimmer Biomet, Arthrosurface, DePuy Synthes, Arthrex, Stryker, Smith & Nephew, Baumer, Exactech, and ConforMis have also been provided in this report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the global market.
- This report entails a detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations from 2017-2023, which assists in identifying prevailing market opportunities.
- The projections in this report are made by analyzing the current trends and future market potential from 2017 to 2023 in terms of value.
- Competitive intelligence helps understand the competitive scenario globally.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within the market has been provided with key market dynamic factors that help understand the behavior of the market.
Knee Replacement Devices Market Key Segments:
By Procedure Type
- Primary Knee Replacement
- Cemented Knee Replacement
- Cementless Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
By Component Type
- Fixed-bearing Implants
- Mobile-bearing Implants
By End Users
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA