A knee walker is an alternative for crutches or traditional walkers. These are small wheeled devices that can be used indoors and outdoors. Moreover, these devices can be used on both grassed and paved surfaces. This device is lightweight, comes in a foldable design, acts as a good support for an unusable leg, and is a good knee rest. A Knee walker is used to create a safe, comfortable, and easy- to- move alternative over the traditional crutch. Furthermore, it is used in post-operative treatments such as knee surgery. Some products of knee walker devices include Knee Rover Deluxe, Elenker Deluxe, Roscoe Medical, and Vive steerable Roller.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that first emerged in late December in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China. The virus that causes, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is highly infectious and is transmitted from person to person. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries across the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a pandemic on March 11, 2020.
There is an increase in the demand for medical supplies needed for the infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the primarily used medical devices in clinical treatment. COVID-19 has also resulted in significant increase in the demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. The need for medical supplies has increased among both from the healthcare professionals and the civil population for precautionary measures, owing to rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have an opportunity to profit from this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure appropriate and consistent supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the knee walker’s market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in cases of orthopedic diseases, surge in disposable income globally, rise in medical facilities in developed and developing countries, surge in obese people, and rise in geriatric population suffering from diseases like arthritis & gait are the key factors that drive the growth of the knee walker market.
- Rise in the demand for advanced knee walkers, surge in the incidence of accidents, increase in usage of advanced mobility of products, rise in demand for knee walkers from hospitals and clinics, development in technology in emerging countries, increased R&D activities to improve the quality of knee walkers, and joint ventures & mergers between local market players boost the growth of the knee walker market.
- However, high cost of advanced knee walkers as well as the availability of alternative knee treatments such as hyaluronic acid hinder the growth of the knee walker market.
- Rise in awareness about knee replacement surgery is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the market expansion.
Rise in Incidences of Fractures Among Sports Players
Knee-problems affect people of all gender and ages. Sportspersons are increasingly vulnerable to knee injuries. Soccer is a sport where knee sprains and strains are very common. Furthermore, osteoarthritis is increasing rapidly among all age groups due to nutrition deficient diets., The U.S. and the -UK, on the other hand are the largest manufacturing hubs. Cardinal Health also released a steerable version of the knee walker with improved stability and collapsible frames. According to Johns Hopkins Medicine data from 2018, around 30 million children and teens participate in sport of some kind and 3.5 million injuries occur each year in the U.S.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of knee walkers market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the knee walkers’ market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed market analysis depending on competitive intensity and the competition that will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Knee Walkers Market Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the knee walkers’ market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the future projections that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "knee walkers"?
- What is the prediction of "knee walkers" market in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "knee walkers" market?
- What are the current and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "knee walkers" market report?
Knee Walkers Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Drive Medical, Mercy Medical Equipment Company, KneeRover, Nova Medical, Performance Health, Invacare, Medline, Vitality Medical, Roscoe Medical, Carex