Kosher salt is a type of edible salt with large granular size. It is named after the process of koshering meat. It does not contain any additives, except the iodine, which is also found in common salt. It is used specially to draw out blood from the meat, to make it kosher. The salt remains on the surface of meat, and absorbs fluids from meat. The salt grains are then cleaned off with water. Kosher salt is found in various crystal shapes such as cubes, flat plate-like, and hollow pyramidal.
The demand for kosher salt market is expected to rise globally, owing to various factors such as rise in acceptance, higher absorption rate, growing awareness about health, and ease of use. However, low solubility restrains the growth of the market. Moreover, rise in consumption of meat is projected to increase the need for kosher globally; this opens new opportunities in the market.
The kosher salt market is segmented based on product type, end user, packaging material type, and geography. Based on the product type, the market is divided into kosher salt flakes, smoked kosher salt, and kosher salt crystals. Based on the end user, it is classified into the retail, food service companies, and food & beverage manufacturers. Further, based on the packaging material type, the market is categorized into cardboard, plastic, and others. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. Among these, North America leads in terms of production as well as its consumption.
The major players profiled in this study include the following:
- San Francisco Slat Company
- Morton Salt, Inc.
- Cargill, Inc.
- Redmond, Inc.
- Flavor Delite, Inc.
- Qingdao Huifenghe MSG Co., Ltd.
- Thai Refined Salt Co., Ltd.
- The Marblehead Salt Co., LLC.
- K+S Windsor Salt Ltd.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global kosher salt market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends and quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the materials used to produce kosher salt market.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by the key players across geographies and the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Kosher Salt Market Key Segments
By Product Type
- Kosher Salt Flakes
- Smoked Kosher Salt
- Kosher Salt Crystals
By End User
- Food Service Companies
- Food & Beverage Manufacturers
By Packaging Material Type
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
- The Essential Oil Company
- Atisale S.p.A
- United Salt Corporation
- Cheetham Salt Limited
(The aforementioned companies are profiled in the report, but can be included on request.)