L-carnitine is an amino acid that aids in fat metabolism. It is used as a supplement to help patients with low energy levels. L-carnitine is naturally present in dairy products, peanut butter, salmon, butter, and red meat. Premature new-borns, vegans, and dieters all use L-carnitine as a supplement. L-carnitine is also a possible health contributing component in cardiovascular benefit, sports nutrition, weight control, and energy maintenance during pregnancy.
Furthermore, because of its hygroscopic nature, L-carnitine is a white crystalline powder that can retain moisture. L-carnitine has been shown to help the elderly recover faster after exercise. It also aids in the reduction of tiredness and the enhancement of mental performance. Furthermore, it reduces the danger of skeletal degeneration, which is frequent among the elderly. The supplement aids in the preservation of lean muscle mass, the reduction of muscle degeneration, and the promotion of healthy ageing.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The COVID-19 epidemic is having an effect on economies and businesses around the globe, including the L-carnitine industry. owing to government-imposed curfews and travel prohibitions, as well as company closures
- The global supply chain has been disrupted by the closure of different facilities and factories in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, the Middle East, and Africa, disrupting production operations, delivery schedules, and product sales.
Top Impacting Factors
Patient awareness of different illnesses, unhealthy lifestyles, and an increase in the global elderly population base are some of the main drivers for the growth of the l-carnitine market in the coming years. Obesity-related complications such as chronic tiredness, diabetes, and heart attack are just some of the main drivers that might boost l-carnitine usage in the near future. However, in addition to these positive characteristics, there are also additional issues that might limit the market growth. These include changing raw material costs, low pricing of replacements, and others. Manufacturers have a strong opportunity to establish manufacturing hubs in China and India due to increased raw material production capacity, low labour costs, and the availability of low-cost labour. These are just a few of the factors that can open up more opportunities for manufacturers in the coming assessment period. Manufacturing-related technological improvements are expected to play a key role in propelling market expansion. The market is likely to be hampered by the complexity of the production process and deceptive marketing that promote exaggerated product benefits. Due to the large amount of waste and wastewater generated by industrial operations, the industry is also anticipated to encounter regulatory restrictions.
- Lonza has announced the release of MuscleGuard, a vegan ingredient formulation including a proprietary combination of four nutrients: L-carnitine, Leucine, Creatine, and vitamin D.
- MitoCarn has launched its new website. MitoCarn's new website allows visitors to access information on its four focused L-Carnitine components, MitoCarn Brain, MitoCarn Heart, MitoCarn Sport, and MitoCarn Weight, quickly and conveniently.
- Merck KGaA's consumer health division was bought by P&G, and the company was renamed Procter & Gamble Health Ltd.
- Lonza, a Swiss life-science business, produces Carnipure, a high-quality L-carnitine. Lonza scientists in Switzerland created the patented Carnipure manufacturing technique, which generates the L-isomer of carnitine, which is the healthy version found in nature. The Carnipure quality seal on the package indicates that the product contains 100% pure L-carnitine from Lonza.
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the L-carnitine industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the L-carnitine market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the L-carnitine market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed L-carnitine market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the L-carnitine Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the L-carnitine market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
L-carnitine Market Report Highlights
By End use industry
Key Market Players
Chengda Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd., Biosint S.p.A, Cayman Chemical, Merck KGaA, Kaiyuan Hengtai Chemical Co., Ltd, Hubei Yuancheng Technology Co. Ltd., Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd, Ceva Santé Animale S.A., Lonza Group Ltd, Northeast Pharmaceutical Group Co., Ltd. (NEPG), Huanggang Huayang Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd