The laboratory automation helps speed up different laboratory processes such as, drug discovery, vaccine production, and others. It refers to the use of clinical laboratory machines, equipment, and instruments, which analyze many samples in the laboratory that require minimal human intervention. This encompasses the use of robots, conveyors, computer hardware & software, and machine vision. It increases the speed of experiments and production, with the least chances of contamination.
Advancements in drug discovery and clinical diagnostics, benefits of lab automation over traditional laboratory, shortage of laboratory professionals, and miniaturization of processes resulting in low reagent costs and high productivity drive the market. However, low priority for lab automation among small and medium-sized laboratories and lack of planning for technology development can pose as a barrier to the growth of the market. Further, emerging markets of various pharmaceuticals and chemicals along with the need for flexible and integrated solutions make way for market growth opportunities.
The report segments the laboratory market on the basis of equipment & software, applications, type, end users, and regions. Based on equipment & software, it is divided into automated liquid handling, microplate readers, software & informatics, standalone robots, automated storage & retrieval systems (ASRS), and other equipment & software. Based on applications, it is classified into drug discovery, clinical diagnostics, genomics solutions, proteomics solutions, and other applications. According to type, the market is bifurcated into modular automation and whole lab automation. In terms of end users, the market is segmented into biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries, research institutes, hospitals and private labs, and institutes. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players in the laboratory automation market are Tecan Group Ltd., Perkinelmer, Inc., Danaher Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Qiagen N.V., Roche Holding AG, Siemens AG, Hamilton Robotics, Inc., and Biomrieux SA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the laboratory automation market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis of the market by product type elucidates various available laboratory automation forms.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
- This report entails the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market trends and estimations through 20162023, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
Laboratory Automation Market Key Segmentation:
By Equipment & Software
- Automated Liquid Handling
- Automated Integrated Workstations (Multi-Purpose Liquid Handling)
- Pipetting Systems
- Reagent Dispensers
- Microplate Washers
- Other Automated Liquid Handling Systems
- Microplate Readers
- Multi-Mode Microplate Readers
- Filter-Based Readers
- Monochromator-Based Readers
- Hybrid Readers
- Single-Mode Microplate Readers
- Fluorescence Intensity Detection
- Absorbance Detection
- Luminescence Detection
- Other Single-Mode Microplate Detectors
- Software and Informatics
- Workstation/Unit Automation Software
- laboratory information management system LIMS
- Electronic Laboratory Notebook
- Scientific Data Management System
- Other Software and Informatics
- Standalone Robots
- Robotic Arms
- Track Robot Systems
- Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems
- Other Equipment and Software
- Drug Discovery
- High-Throughput Screening
- Compound Weighing and Dissolution
- ADME Screening
- Other Drug Discovery Applications
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Pre-Analytics/Sample Preparation
- Sample Distribution, Splitting, and Archiving
- Other Clinical Diagnostics Applications
- Genomics Solutions
- Next-Generation Sequencing Sample Preparation
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- DNA/RNA Quantification and Normalization
- Other Genomics Solutions
- Proteomics Solutions
- Protein Purification and Crystallography
- Maldi Plate Spotting
- Other Applications
- Modular Automation
- Unit Automation Solutions
- Pre-Analytical Automation Systems
- Post-Analytical Automation Systems
- Total Lab Automation
By End User
- Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Industries
- Research Institutes
- Hospitals and Private Labs
- Academic Institutes
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Rest of LAMEA