Laboratory centrifuge is an equipment used to separate liquid samples by application of centripetal acceleration using sedimentation technique. It can be used for blood sample separation, DNA/RNA separation, cell culture separation, and other purposes such as study of virus, proteins, and polymers. Moreover, it is used for specimen preparation, new molecule development in drug discovery, and analysis of foreign particles.
The major factors that propel the growth of the laboratory centrifuge market include rise in prevalence and incidence of disease, technological advancements, new product launches, increase in research activities in the field of life sciences & biotechnology, growth in adoption of automation techniques in hematology, and increase in private & public healthcare investment. However, decreased sales of the equipment due to extended lifespan hinders the market growth. Increase in demand for centrifuges leading to development of microcentrifuges, ultracentrifuges, and multi-purpose centrifuges provide many opportunities for the growth of this market.
The global laboratory centrifuge market is segmented on the basis of product, rotor design, intended use, application, end user, and geography. Based on product, the market is bifurcated into equipment and accessories. According to rotor design, it is divided into swinging bucket rotors, fixed angle rotors, vertical rotors, and others. As per intended use, it is classified into general-purpose centrifuges, clinical centrifuges, preclinical centrifuges, and preparative ultracentrifuges. Applications covered in this study include diagnostic, microbiology, cellonomics, proteomics, genomics, blood component separation, and others. By end user, this market is categorized into hospitals, biotechnology & pharmaceutical companies, and academic & research institutes. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the global laboratory centrifuge market include Becton, Dickinson and Company, Danaher Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc., QIAGEN, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., INC., Sigma Laborzentrifugen GmbH, Neuation, Hitachi Koki Co., Ltd., and Harvard Bioscience, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global laboratory centrifuge market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which help to understand competitive outlook of the global market.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
Laboratory Centrifuge Market Key Segments:
- Multipurpose Centrifuges
- Floor-standing Centrifuges
- Centrifuge Bottles
- Centrifuge Buckets
By Rotor Design
- Swinging Bucket Rotors
- Fixed Angle Rotors
- Vertical Rotors
By Intended Use
- General-purpose Centrifuges
- Clinical Centrifuges
- Preclinical Centrifuges
- Preparative Ultracentrifuges
- Blood Component Separation
By End User
- Biotechnology & Pharmaceutical Companies
- Academic & Research Institutes
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA