A laminated fabric is made up of two (or more) layers of cloth glued together by a polymer film. As a result of their rise in applications in end-use sectors, the global demand for a variety of laminated/coated fabric and clothing has steadily expanded. Automotive, construction, agriculture, sports sportswear/equipment, environmental protection, healthcare, and protective clothing are some of the key end-use sectors utilizing laminated/coated fabric and apparel. Laminated fabric has some fantastic features such as high tensile strength, less weight, and improved abrasion resistance, all of which help it to keep its shape for longer, especially while bending and folding. Both established and emerging regions of the world are projected to witness increased demand for laminated/coated fabric and garments. The laminated fabric market is predicted to prosper as a result of increase in industrialization and infrastructure development. Rise in safety concerns in construction activities have boosted demand for laminated fabrics used in the creation of safety clothing, headgear, gloves, and shoe liner linings.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The market for laminated fabric is projected to suffer as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to the reliance of stakeholders on the disrupted supply chain, affected countries such as India, China, and the U.S. are expected to be among the primary victims of the spreading pandemic.
- The closure of physical retail stores around the world had a significant impact on the laminated fabric industry. Another factor is that the industry is heavily labor-constrained and export-oriented. Laborers returned to their homelands, and exports decreased as well.
- Medical textiles are used in the production of personal protective gear for healthcare and medical purposes, specifically to reduce the risk of cross-infections and exposure to hazardous chemicals such as body fluids. As a result, during the pandemic, the demand for laminated fabric has increased.
Top Impacting Factors
- Growth in industrialization and infrastructural development are likely to provide the market with lucrative growth possibilities. The region's growth is predicted to be fueled by significant investment in the oil & gas, construction & infrastructure, automotive, chemical, and manufacturing industries, as well as substantial economic progress in developing countries.
- Manufacturers are anticipated to prioritize research and development due to factors such as unpredictable raw material prices and strict environmental laws. Furthermore, technical advancements targeted at lowering raw material prices and attaining faster and more efficient production are projected to fuel growth.
- Laminated fabrics are a globally traded commodity. The availability of laminated materials has benefited a variety of countries. They are also eco-friendly and recycle effectively. Laminated fabrics are adaptable and will continue to grow in popularity as the product develops.
- Laminated fabrics are used in agriculture for bags, shading materials, pond liners, and irrigation material. As a result of the rising farm industry and impending advancements in laminated fabrics, projected growth in the coming years is expected.
Market Growth is Expected to be Fueled by the Automobile Industry's Expansion
Airbags, tyre cables, car grab handles, windshield wiper systems, and automobile radiator covers are all examples of laminated/coated fabric and clothing used in the automotive industry. Plastics, particularly thermoplastics are used more in the vehicle industry. Corrosion resistance, high-temperature resistance, chemical resistance, and low electrical conductivity are all characteristics of PA6.
Use of laminated/coated fabric and apparel has lowered the weight of rotating spares while maintaining stiffness and carrying capacity. Textiles like this are commonly used in flexible insulating panels, elastomeric wheels and tires, vehicle suspension bushings, cushions, and other applications in the automotive sector. In the approaching decade, demand for laminated/coated fabric and apparel is expected to rise due to the growth in market for automobiles and the shift in trend toward light vehicles with high strength.
Increase in Supply of Protective Garments to Meet Market Needs
The selection of appropriate potential clothes can give protection against dangerous biological and chemical materials, which is required in ordinary work life. The total market demand is anticipated to be driven by rapid industrialization due to major expenditures in the manufacturing industry, as well as severe government standards like as OSHA and NIOSH governing the use of protective gears.
Polyurethane laminated fabric can be used to make high altitude protective clothing, fire retardant apparel, and chemical protection clothing due to its flexibility at low temperatures, resistance to strong impact, and great weather resistance. This, in turn, is predicted to boost the protective garment industry's total laminated fabric growth.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the laminated fabrics industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the laminated fabrics market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of laminated fabrics market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed laminated fabrics market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Which are the leading players active in the laminated fabrics market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Laminated Fabrics" Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "Laminated Fabrics" Market?
Laminated Fabrics Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By Raw material
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Low & Bonar Plc, Sioen Industries NV, Continental AG, Serge Ferrari Group, Saint-Gobain SA, Trelleborg AB, OMNOVO Solutions, Inc., Lamcotec, Seaman Corporation, Spradling International, Inc., Robert Kaufman