Target acquisition systems are multi-use weapon systems that are used for identification, location & detection of the target to permit the effective employment of lethal & non-lethal weapons. Target includes a wide array of resources that an enemy commander can use to conduct operations including mobile and stationary units, forces, equipment, capabilities, facilities, persons and functions. Target acquisition can be considered as the process of a weapon system to decide which object to lock on to, as opposed to surveillance on one and target tracking. Talent acquisition systems are in high demand due to their increased use in intelligence, surveillance & reconnaissance (ISR) missions. Target acquisition systems also work parallel with the missile and bomb guidance mechanisms & battlefield management systems.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
- Due to COVID-19 situation, the research & development in land target acquisition system industries across the globe has been hampered due to the declared lockdowns and government restrictions on public gatherings.
- Production rate of land target acquisition systems has been hampered due to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Supply chain of spare parts of land target acquisition systems have also been negatively affected due to temporarily closing down of several defense industries.
- There will be considerable rise in demand in land global target acquisition system market in near future as world is moving toward normalcy.
- Post COVID-19, land target acquisition system market can see a significant growth as several countries have either already ordered or planning to procure such systems for their forces.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Advancements in automatic weapons, increasing defense expenditure of countries, rise in demand for artillery systems by military forces, increasing demand for surveillance vehicles, and ongoing military modernization programs worldwide are some of the major factors expected to drive the growth of land target acquisition systems market. However, the high operational cost of target acquisition systems is a factor which may hamper growth of the global land target acquisition systems market. On the contrary, growing investment in the research & development (R&D) sector for the development of technologically advanced systems for defense applications are the opportunistic for the future growth of land target acquisition systems market.
Increase in demand for surveillance vehicles
Threat of cross border terrorism, security of land borders, and drugs dealing are the major challenges faced by armies. Therefore, demand of surveillance vehicles is increasing as such systems are capable of surveillance from a safe distance. In addition, such systems also save lives of troops from cross border firings as it provides specific locations of threats, which can then be neutralized by forces. Hence, increasing demand of surveillance vehicles is driving the growth of the global land acquisition systems market.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global land target acquisition systems industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global land target acquisition systems market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analysed to highlight the global land target acquisition systems market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global land target acquisition systems market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the land target acquisition systems market research report:
- Which are the leading market players active in the global land target acquisition systems market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Land Target Acquisition Systems Market Report Highlights
By Sub System
By End Use
Key Market Players
Elbit Systems Ltd., BAE Systems