A laparotomy sponge is an absorbent pad utilized in surgical interventions on the abdomen. These sponges have a number of applications and are a common inclusion in surgical kits to prepare an operating room (OR) for surgery. Laparotomy sponges are available in different sizes, depending upon the specific needs of the OR technician. A typical laparotomy sponge consists of an absorbent cotton, usually washed to ensure fluid absorption.
Technological advancements with respect to laparotomy sponges and surge in prevalence of surgical procedures & abdominal diseases, such as colon cancer globally, boost the global laparotomy sponges market. However, adoption of non-invasive and minimally invasive surgeries testing restrains the market growth.
The global laparotomy sponge market is segmented on the basis of type, technology, procedure, and region. Based on type, it is bifurcated into sterile and non-sterile laparotomy sponges. By technology, it is divided into radiopaque laparotomy sponges, traditional laparotomy sponges, and RFID/barcode laparotomy sponges Furthermore, on the basis of procedure, it is categorized into pre-washed and non-washed laparotomy sponges. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major players, such as Derma Sciences, Medtronic PLC, Owens & Minor, Kendall Healthcare, Medline Industries, Inc. and Medical Action Industries Inc., are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of laparotomy sponges in the medical settings.
Laparotomy Sponge Market Key Segments:
- Sterile Laparotomy Sponges
- Non-sterile Laparotomy Sponges
- Radiopaque Laparotomy Sponges
- Traditional Laparotomy Sponges
- RFID/Barcode Laparotomy Sponges
- Pre-washed Laparotomy Sponges
- Non-washed Laparotomy Sponges
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA