Large molecule bioanalysis is a class of analytical chemistry in which a large molecule therapeutic is analyzed in a biological matrix. Commonly, the biological matrix is serum or plasma. Bioanalytical tests are used in the discovery, development, and commercialization of drugs. Large molecule drug products (such as monoclonal antibodies, proteins, peptides, and antibody-drug conjugates) have proven to be effective at combating numerous disease indications.
As several large molecule products are being developed, large molecule bioanalysis performed by CROs, such as PBL, has become increasingly more common. The common types of bioanalytical studies are pharmacodynamics (PD) studies, pharmacokinetic (PK) studies, immunogenicity testing, and biomarker assays.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic has generated lucrative potential for key stakeholders of large molecule bioanalytical technologies market. Several CMOs and bio-manufacturers have turned their commercial focus to the development of COVID-19 infection treatments. As a result, there has been a huge increase in the demand for bioanalytical testing tools. Several measures by key players during COVID-19, such as scaling up production and testing facilities, have boosted revenue generation.
- Furthermore, during the COVID-19 epidemic, the vaccination market grew rapidly. Rapid rise in demand for vaccine stability testing has resulted from extensive research and development activities aimed at developing a safe and effective vaccine. However, as many vaccines for various life-threatening diseases have been discovered or are in the development phase, there is a constant demand for analytical testing services for vaccine quality assurance.
Top Impacting Factors
The enduring trend toward greater diversity demands a wider set of expertise to evaluate the quality attributes of the final products, thereby driving large molecule bioanalytical technologies market. The biopharmaceutical industry's rising R&D activities are resulting in significant investments, which will further push market expansion.
Additionally, real-time analysis of clinical samples and in-process manufacturing samples as well as advances in instrumentation (analytical testing) are expected to boost the market growth.
Furthermore, the cost-effectiveness of outsourcing versus in-house analysis and the majority of high-selling drugs going off-patent have boosted the demand for bioanalytical testing, which is expected to boost the market even further.
In the development of generic drugs, there is a growing demand for bioanalytical testing services. The biologics market is expanding as a result of a robust clinical pipeline.
Furthermore, regulatory pressures are driving a more detailed analysis of final products. These new innovative drugs require thorough, toxicology, biocompatibility, and chemical characterization to maintain the efficacy and safety of the products for human consumption.
New product launches to flourish the market
- In October 2020, PPD Inc., a leading global CRO in the U.S., opened a new laboratory in Suzhou, China. Equipped with a wide range of instruments, this lab offers services for biologics, cell, and gene therapies, and small molecules.
- In February 2021, HORIBA launched an innovative and new LabSpec 6 Application, χSTaiN. This new app was developed in collaboration with GreenTropism. The new application is intended to improve the process and analysis of Raman 2D images.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the large molecule bioanalytical technologies along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the large molecule bioanalytical technologies market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the large market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed large molecule bioanalytical technologies market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Large Molecule Bioanalytical Technologies Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the large molecule bioanalytical technologies market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "large molecule bioanalytical technologies "?
- What is "large molecule bioanalytical technologies " market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "large molecule bioanalytical technologies " market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the key benefits of the "large molecule bioanalytical technologies " market report?
Large Molecule Bioanalytical Technologies Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Merck KGaA, Precision Nano Systems, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Intertek Group Plc, Wyatt Technology Corporation, Bio-Techne Corporation, Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings, Cergentis B.V, Avomeen, Halo Labs, SCIEX, Verder, Solvias AG, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Charles River Laboratories International, Inc