Liquefied natural gas terminal is a structure designed to store liquefied natural gas. It comprises of special tanks, ships, building structures, port infrastructures, and pipelines. Liquefied natural gas is the form used to transport natural gas by sea over long distances. LNG terminals are ports purposely built to avail the export and import of LNG. Moreover, the rise in need for the development of small- and large-scale terminals for LNG enhances the market growth. Due to environmental benefits, LNG proves as an excellent alternative as a cleaner and economic fuel across industrial, commercial, and automobile sectors.
This report projects the trends and opportunities of the global large scale LNG terminals market. This research study includes a qualitative and quantitative analysis with comprehensive research methodologies and reliable projections to understand the present overview and predict the market behavior during the forecast period.
The global market is expected to register major growth owing to the increase in demand for LNG across the world. The rise in need for the development of small and large scale terminals for LNG enhances the market growth worldwide. In addition, long-haul vehicle fleet owners have started following a trend of preferring LNG as a more economical alternative fuel, thus making way for growth opportunities in the market. However, apart from robust growth, low infrastructural development, especially across emerging nations and the absence of adequate demand from end users restrain the global large-scale LNG terminal market.
The global large scale LNG terminals market is segmented based on technology, end user, and geography. On the basis of technology, it is bifurcated into liquefaction and regasification. Liquefaction is further classified into onshore and offshore. Regasification is sub-categorized into onshore and offshore. By end-user, the market is divided into residential, commercial, and industrial. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key market players in this sector involve Exxon-Mobil Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Santos Limited, Chevron Corporation, Statoil ASA, Linde AG, PETRONAS, Cameron LNG, Gazprom, and BP.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics through 2017-2023, which assists to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped as per key trends and opportunities of the market and presence of major players.
- Region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed in the report.
- Key players of the large-scale LNG terminals market are also listed.
- This study evaluates value chain to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of segmentation is provided to elucidate the dominant opportunities.
Large Scale LNG Terminals Market Key Segments:
By End User
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA