Laser therapy is a non-invasive medical procedure and considered an advanced feature of medical therapeutics that uses high-intensity light to treat diseases including cancer. In medicine, laser permits surgeons to work at a high precision level by focusing on a definite area. Lasers can be used in two main ways to treat cancer—by shrinking or destroying a tumor with heat and by activating a chemical, known as a photosensitizing agent that kills only the cancer cells, this is called photodynamic therapy. Though lasers can be used alone, they are often used in combination with other cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
COVID-19 is an infectious disease that originated in Hubei province of the Wuhan city in China in late December. The highly contagious disease, caused by a virus, severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), is transmitted from human to human. Since the outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
There has been an increase in the demand for medical supplies to take care of infected population. Respiratory support devices such as atomizers, life-support machines, oxygen generators, and monitors are among the majorly used medical devices in primary clinical treatment. Moreover, COVID-19 has led to a huge surge in demand for medical supplies such as personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and protective eyeglasses. There is an increase in the need for medical supplies, both from healthcare professionals and civil population for precautionary measures, owing to the rise in number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Manufacturers of these products have a chance to capitalize this increased demand for medical supplies to ensure adequate and continuous supply of personal protective equipment in the market. Therefore, COVID 19 is expected to have a significant impact on the laser cancer therapy market.
Top Impacting Factors
- Increase in number cases of cancer patients, rise in incidence and prevalence of disease, and increase in demand for non-invasive procedure & advanced cancer treatments such as laser therapy are the factors that drive the growth of the laser cancer therapy market.
- In addition, the key manufacturers are focusing on introducing innovative and technologically advanced products into the market that can fulfill the complex treatment demand required in cancer treatment.
- The government has increased R&D funding to make sure better treatment options are accessible for cancer patients. In addition, private organizations and the government are taking initiatives to create awareness related to cancer. This leads to a rise in diagnosis and treatment adoption rate. Also, the entry of novel treatment options that make sure better recovery and low relapse possibility have an influence on the patients to undergo treatment. Thus, these factors anticipate substantial opportunities for manufacturers in the laser cancer therapy market.
- However, lack of trained professionals, a quite expensive laser therapy, and short-term effects of the therapy hinder the market growth.
New product launches to flourish the market
In June 2020, Accuray Incorporated launched CyberKnife S7 System, the newest illustration in radiation therapy. The system is a robotic, non-invasive radiation therapy device expert in handling cancerous and benign tumors and neurologic disorders in the body. The new CyberKnife technology permits healthcare providers through new abilities to come up with the best possible care for their patient
In January 2019, Lifeline Software Inc. acquired by LAP GmbH Laser Applikationen to increase its offerings and provide future-oriented solutions and services to its customers in radiotherapy globally.
In December 2019, ViewRay, Inc. proclaimed an alliance with Elekta AB to develop MR-linac technology. The association will contribute to advance innovative products in the market
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the laser cancer therapy industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the laser cancer therapy market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the laser cancer therapy market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the laser cancer therapy market.
- The report provides a detailed laser cancer therapy market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Laser Cancer Therapy Report
- Who are the leading players active in the laser cancer therapy market?
- What current the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What is "Laser cancer therapy "?
- What is "Laser cancer therapy" Market prediction in the future?
- Who are the leading global players in the "Laser cancer therapy" Market?
- What are the key benefits of the "Laser cancer therapy" Market report?
Laser Cancer Therapy Market Report Highlights
By Product Type
By End User
Key Market Players
Reflexion Medical,, Varian Oncology,, Neusoft Medical Systems,, Accuray,, LAP GmbH, ViewRay Incorporated,, Shinva Medical Instrument, Laser Applikationen,, Modulight Inc.,, MN Medical