Laser Sensors Market Outlook - 2027
Laser sensors arephotoelectric sensors used to detect presence of objects based on position of light intensity by transforming physical quantity of analog optical signal into corresponding electrical signal. It comprises optical components such as linear imager, photoelectric devices, and lasers which process signals through an electronic automation system and represent physical variations or signal errors in devices.These devicesare widely used in industrial manufacturing applications such as material processing and micromachining, owing to high reliability, accuracy, sensitivity, and control. Laser sensors are used for weld gap detection and train and railroad inspection as it works on focussed beam that enables long sensing distances as well as detection of targets through small openings. These sensors are non-contact in nature with high sensitivity that results in greater resolution.
In addition, it offers fast, linear response supported bynegligible deviation, which enhances product quality standards.Wide measurement range and incorporation of IoT with this device accelerates the process of automation and is anticipated that the laser sensors market sharewould undergo considerable growth in coming years.
COVID-19 SCENARIO ANALYSIS
- The outbreak of coronavirus has become a disastrous issue worldwide. There is a halt in production process, owing to the global lockdown scenario causing disruption in the overall supply chain of light sensors. COVID-19 outbreak has also caused a lag in meeting demands of end users as the epicentre of virus outbreak Wuhan, China accounts for the largest manufacturing items of electronic components.
- In April 2020, Luxinar, a global laser manufacturer, experienced increase in demandfor sealed CO2 laser sources, which is used to combat COVID-19.In addition,the company is supplying materials and 3D printed parts to produce face shields.
- Since laser sensors are mainly used for system maintenance, remote troubleshooting, and continual product support purposes, the concerned market is anticipated to face periodic demand lapse, owing to temporary shutdown of industrial manufacturing and automotive processes. Contrarily the current surge in demand in healthcare and other emergency services is anticipated to drive the laser sensors market revenue temporarily. In turn, 0halt in production disrupts the demand supply chain. The laser sensors market is expected to make steady rebound after the lockdown restrictions are lifted.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Drivers, Trends, and Impact Analysis
Surge in adoption of laser sensors in manufacturing and automation such as measuring distance, displacement, position, thickness as well as in engraving custom, logos, identification marks, barcoding on multiple products to reduce counterfeiting drive thelaser sensors market growth. However, restrictions on operating temperature, high sensitivity to dirt or foreign materials, andlack of high technological advancements in laser sensors are anticipated to restrain the laser sensors market growth.
On the other hand, enhanced range of laser sensors is used in the food &beverages industry for surface analysis of processed products as well as 3D measurement of natural products,which booststhe market growth. Extensive integration of IoT with laser devices to monitor processes virtually as well as government initiatives to focus on miniaturization of sensor technologies are anticipated to present new pathways to laser sensors industry.
New product launches to flourish the market:
Leading laser sensors market layers have adopted necessary steps to improve overall functionality, visibility, reliability of laser sensors with a view to provide sharply imaged, stable and precise results even while detecting moving objects.
In June 2020, Micro-epsilon, a leading high-precision sensor manufacturer, launched the latest generation of scanCONTROL 30xx laser profile scanners that provide high precision and calibrated profile data with around 5.5million points per second while detecting 2048 measurement positions per profile. It offers individual adaption possibilities and is available with measuring ranges of 25mm and 50mm. The scanCONTROL 30xx can offer accurate results in inhomogeneous, dark surfaces due to High Dynamic Range Mode combined with auto exposure.
The scanCONTROL gateway combined with SMART sensor can transmit measurement values via interfaces such as Ethernet, PROFINET or EtherCAT. The necessary measuring range, profile frequency, laser colour and desired data processing can be changed or defined as per requirements. The laser profile scanner is used for high-precision 2D/3D profile measurements in quality control, automated, production and process monitoring as well as offers various operating modes allowing laser sensors to be easily adapted for individual measurement tasks.
Surge in use in automotive and industrial application:
Laser sensors specialize in non-contact measurement to detect the inconsistencies in complex geometrical modules formed by joining single components thereby minimizing disruptions in production line. Automobile manufacturing extensively uses laser sensors for quality assurance and accurate non-contact measurement of displacement or position of fast-moving parts, delicate parts such as paint, plastic or hot parts such as engine components.
In July 2019, Micro-epsilon introduced the optoNCDT 1220 laser triangulation sensor that provides high precision measurements at a rate of 1KHz. It features Active Surface Compensation(ASC) that allows to control distance signal reliably regardless of target color or brightness. It offers linearity from 10µm, repeatability from 3.7µm and offers analog output. The user-friendly sensor has compact size with integrated controller which enables it to be installed in plant, equipment, machinery as well as in any restricted installation space. Low weight makes this sensor suitable for high acceleration applications such as on robot gripper or in industrial printers. This compact laser sensor is ideal for measuring precisely displacement, distance and position in large quantities in all fields of automation technology such as machine building, 3D printing or electronics production.
Key benefits of the stakeholders:
- The study gives an analytical overview of the laser sensors market forecast with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed laser sensors market analysis.
- The current laser sensors market trends are quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
Questions answered in the Laser Sensor Market research report:
- Who are the leading players in the laser sensor market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Laser Sensors Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
MTI Instruments Inc., Keyence Corp., Panasonic Corp., Baumer Electric AG., Rockwell Automation, Schmitt Industries Inc., SmartRay GmbH, Optex Co. Ltd., Omron Corp., Micro-Epsilon