Oncology drugs include chemotherapy, hormone therapy, immunotherapy, and other drugs that are useful in the treatment of cancer. According to the CDC, 21.1 million adults were diagnosed with cancer in 2015, which drives the number of oncologic drugs in the market. Whereas in Latin America and the Caribbean about 1.1 million new cancer cases and 600,000 cancer deaths are estimated to occur annually.
Increase in prevalence in cancer, growth in population and more dispatchable money with the older section of the society, and rise in awareness about the treatments, technologies, and the disease itself drive the market growth. However, the high cost involved in new drug development coupled with threat of failure and adverse effects associated with anti-cancer drugs therapies restrain the growth of the market. Nevertheless, advancements in cancer drug research owing to biological/targeted therapies and personalized medicines make way for promising opportunities for pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical, and biotechnology companies engaged in developing cancer drugs.
The Latin America oncology drugs market is segmented on the basis of therapy modality, types of cancer, and country. Based on therapy modalities, the market is divided into chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy (biologic therapy), hormonal therapy, and others. By type of cancer, the market is classified into blood cancer, breast cancer, gastrointestinal cancer, respiratory/lung cancer, skin cancer and other cancers. Based on country, the market is studied across Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Chile, and Peru.
The companies operating in the market are Novartis A.G, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Medley Genomics, Eurofarma Laboratrios S.A., Ach Laboratrios Farmacuticos S.A., Laboratorios IMA, Laboratrio Cristlia, Icon Plc., Sanofi S.A, and Laboratoires Pierre Fabre.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the Latin America oncology drug market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by product type elucidates the various forms of available oncology drugs.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to predict the competitive outlook of the market.
- By geography, the market is analyzed across Latin America such as Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Peru, and Chile.
Latin America Oncology Drugs Market Key Segments:
By Therapy Modalities
- Targeted Therapy
- Immunotherapy (Biologic Therapy)
- Hormonal Therapy
By Types of Cancer
- Blood Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Respiratory/Lung Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Other Cancers
- Other Latin America Countries