Lead is a soft, dense, and low-melting metal used as a significant component of the automotive battery. As it is water resistant, lead is also used in paints to develop long-lasting roofing material and in the plumbing industry. It is extensively used in number of commercial applications such as health technology, insulation & cabling, weights, and soldering. Lead is produced from mined lead ore or from secondary production, where it is recovered from recycled products.
It is extracted from underground mines and usually found in traces of different metals such as galena, silver, copper, zinc, cadmium, antimony, and arsenic. It has high economical value and is relatively economical to produce.
Increase in demand in automotive industry to manufacture batteries drives the global lead mining market. Focus of lead producers to develop new applications for lead presents a substantial growth opportunity to the industry players. However, high toxicity leading to pollution of water supplies may restrain the growth.
The global lead mining market is segmented based on production process, application, and geography. Based on production process, it is bifurcated into primary and secondary. On the basis of application, it is categorized into automotive, electronics, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players, such as Glencore Plc., BHP Billiton Limited, Doe Run Resources Corporation, Hindustan Zinc Ltd., Henan Yuguang Gold and Lead Co. Ltd., Hecla Mining Company, Teck Resources Limited, Korea Zinc, Liuzhou China Tin Group, and Hsikwang Shan Twinkling Star, are also provided in the report.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current & emerging market trends and dynamics of the global lead mining market.
- In-depth analysis of all regions is conducted by constructing the market estimations for key segments from 2017 to 2023 to identify the prevailing opportunities.
- The report assists to understand the strategies adopted by the companies for market expansion.
- Evaluation of the competitive landscape is provided to understand the market scenario across various regions.
- Extensive analysis is conducted by following key player positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
Lead Mining Market Key Segments:
By Production Process
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA