Lecture capturing refers to the recording and archiving of a lecture, conference, seminar, or any knowledgeable talk to an audience. The capturing solutions include software and hardware solutions; the software solutions comprise of various applications required to record, store, and modify the recorded content while the hardware solutions are the hardware devices used for recording the lecture such as camcorders, digital camera, and mobile devices.
The availability of educational content over the remote areas, control over the available content, and cost-effective benefit of the training by captured lectures are few of the salient features of lecture capture solutions. However, the prejudice about lecture capturing and the fear of being recorded by the professors or trainer may limit the adoption of lecture capture solutions.
The surge in corporate training, rise in demand for distance education, high adoption of e-learning activities, and development of the video content search technology is estimated to drive the growth for this market. Development in lecture capture solution, rise in adoption of online education, and increased governmental initiatives in this field has created ample opportunities for the market growth. However, limited IT infrastructure and reluctance to adopt new active learning technology limit the adoption of lecture capture solutions.
The market for the lecture capturing solutions is competitive due to presence of large scale international and regional vendors. These vendors are primarily focused on providing software and hardware solutions for the lecture capturing. For instance, Matrox Unveils Monarch LCS in April 2016, which is a low-cost hardware solution for lecture capturing solutions. Service extension and technological invention & innovations further intensify the competition.
The market is segmented by product, end user, and geographic region. In terms of product, the market is bifurcated into software and hardware. Based on end user it is categorized into academic, corporate, and others. The market is further studied across four regions including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive analysis and profiles of the major market players such as Echo360, Inc., Panopto, Inc., Sonic Foundry, Inc., Tegrity, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Crestron Electronics, Inc., Epiphan Systems Inc., HaiVision Systems, Inc., Kaltura Inc., and OpenEye Scientific Software, Inc. is also provided in this report.
- This report is an extensive analysis of current and potential market trends in the dynamic global market of lecture capture solutions.
- The report contains in depth quantitative analysis of current and future market estimations through 20162023, which helps recognize the appealing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market helps understand the current practices for the better investment decisions.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidates competitive outlook of global lecture capture solutions market.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
Lecture Capture Solutions Market Key Segmentation:
By End User
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East