The left atrial appendage (LAA) is a small ear-shaped sac which is present in the wall of the top left chamber of the heart. This sac controls the electrical impulses during atrial fibrillation. The LAA closure devices are the interventional devices that is used to prevent stroke and emboli caused due to atrial fibrillation.
Factors such as increase in number of product approvals of atrial intervention, rise in incidences of atrial fibrillation and heart stroke cases, rise in aging population, disorders due to hypertension, and disturbed lifestyle habits such as smoking drive the market growth. However, stringent regulations by government and high acceptance of alternatives drugs such as warfarin and dabigatran restrain the market growth. Moreover, increase in awareness programs in untapped market provide numerous opportunities for the market growth in the forecast period.
The left atrial appendage closure devices market is segmented on the basis of product, end user, and geography. On the basis of product, it is bifurcated into epicardial LAA closure devices and endocardial LAA closure devices. On the basis of end user, it is divided into heart clinics, hospitals, and ambulatory service centers. By geography, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The key players operating in the market include AtriCure, Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Coherex Medical, St. Jude Medical, Occlutech, Lifetech Scientific, SentreHEART, Inc., Avantis Medical Systems, United-Guardian, Inc., and Carestream Health.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product helps in understanding the various devices used for LAA closure.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps in determining the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which elucidates the competitive outlook of the global market.
Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) Closure Devices Market Key Segments:
- Epicardial LAA Closure Devices
- Endocardial LAA Closure Devices
By End User
- Heart Clinics
- Ambulatory Service Centers
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA