Lepidolite occurs in granite masses, and is a precursor for lithium production. It is lilac-gray, rose-colored, or yellow colored in appearance, depending upon the quantity of lithium and other trace elements. The lithium content in lepidolite varies, and is used for industrial purposes, as an ornate stone, and mineral specimen. It is employed as heat insulator in the industrial sector. It is significantly used in the production of lithium metal, which is employed in the manufacture of lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries for hybrid cars, mobile phones, laptops, and other portable devices, owing to its lightweight. Moreover, lepidolite brings deep emotional healing, soothing, and reduce stress & depression.
Rise in disposable income and rise in middle class population propel the demand for electronic goods such as mobile and laptops, which in turn fuels the growth of the lepidolite market. Moreover, increased application of ultra-lightweight lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries in electronic goods and hybrid electric cars drives the market growth. In addition, the Electric Vehicles International sets a target of 20 million electric cars globally by 2020, which is expected to provide new opportunity for the market players. However, the composition of lepidolite varies significantly. An ore with low amount of lithium is not feasible for lithium extraction, which hampers the market growth.
The report on the global lepidolite market exclusively focuses on end-use industry, application, and geography. Based on the end-use industry, the market is segmented into manufacturing industries, jewelry industry, and mineralogy. On the basis of application, it is divided into ornamental stone, heat insulator for industrial, lithium battery, mineral specimen, and others. The report analyzes the market trends in different geographies, which include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The Major Players Profiled In This Study Include:
- Lithium Australia NL
- Hangzhou J&H Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Alix Resources
- Hallgarten & Company
- Caesium Hydroxide
- Novachim Trading S.R.L
- Svs Chemical Corporation
- Cristian Grup S.R.L
- Triveni Interchem Pvt. Ltd.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global lepidolite market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends and quantitative analysis for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the end-use industries of lepidolite and its application.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Lepidolite Market Key Segmentation:
By End-use Industry
- Manufacturing Industries
- Jewelry Industry
- Ornamental Stone
- Heat Insulator for Industrial
- Lithium Battery
- Mineral Specimen
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA