Levofloxacin is an antibiotic that is sold under the trade name Levaquin and is used to treat many bacterial infections such as pneumonia, acute bacterial sinusitis, chronic prostatitis, and others. However, these medications also have certain side effects such as nausea, seizures, and diarrhea.
Factors such as increasing incidences of bacterial infections such as pneumonia & urinary tract infections (UTI) and broad spectrum efficacy drive the market growth. However, side effects associated with levofloxacin such as tendon inflammation, psychosis, and seizures restrain the market growth. Furthermore, rising geriatric population and growing initiatives by the government to spread awareness about severe infections are expected to further drive the market growth.
The levofloxacin market is segmented on the basis of application and region. Based on application the market can be classified into pneumonia, skin infection, kidney infection, bladder infection, and others. Geographically, market has been analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The key players in the market include Alna Biotech Private Limited, Allenge India Pharma, Bestochem, Divine Savior Healthcare, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals, Pax Healthcare, Aden Healthcare, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Dr. Reddys Laboratories Ltd., and Zydus Cadila.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023, which is expected to enable stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product helps understand the levofloxacin used for treatment.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions has been provided, which helps determine prevailing opportunities.
- Key players have been profiled and their strategies thoroughly analyzed, which helps understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Levofloxacin Market Key Segments:
- Skin Infection
- Kidney Infection
- Bladder Infection
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA