Lidocaine ointment is an analgesic agent, which is used to relieve pain by blocking nerve signals in the body. The ointment is used to reduce pain and discomfort caused by skin irritants such as insect bites, sun burn, minor cuts, sore mouth or throat, scratches, burns, poison ivy, and others.
Increase in applications of lidocaine as an anti-itching and pain relief drug associated with insects bites, minor cuts, burns, skin scrapes, male & women urethra, and eczema has fueled its demand, thereby driving the market growth. Furthermore, the use of the lidocaine ointment in cosmetic procedures for pain relief associated with cutaneous procedures such as laser surgery, soft tissue augmentation, and other cosmetic procedure is anticipated to fuel the market growth. In addition, rise in disposable income and increase in awareness of preventive healthcare among population are anticipated to boost the market growth. However, government regulations related to the safety and efficacy of the lidocaine ointment hinder the market growth. Ongoing R&D activities related to lidocaine ointment are anticipated to present new opportunities for the market.
The market is segmented on the basis of application, formulation, and geography. Based on the application, the market is categorized into medical, cosmetics, and others. By formulation, it is classified into internal use and topical use. The geographical breakdown of each of the aforesaid segment is covered for North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global lidocaine ointment market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Lidocaine Ointment Market Key Segment:
- Internal Use
- Topical Use
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
List of players profiled in the report
- AstraZeneca Plc.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals
- Teligent, Inc.
- Septodont Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd.
- Gemini Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Proficient Rx LP
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Taro Pharmaceuticals U.S.A., Inc.
- Novocol Inc.
- Centura Pharmaceuticals, Inc.