Linalool Market Statistics - 2030
The global linalool market size was valued at $462.6 million in 2020, and is forecasted to reach $696.2 million by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2021 to 2030.
Linalool is an octa-1, 6-diene monoterpenoid with methyl groups at positions 3 and 7, as well as a hydroxy group at position 3. It can be found in plants such as Ocimum canum.
The global linalool market is primarily driven by the cosmetic industry's rise in demand for perfumes, body deodorants, soaps, and other personal care products, which has increased significantly in the recent years. The use of Linalool in cosmetics, as well as new product lines in toiletries, has driven the market growth. In addition, anti-inflammatory pain reducing use cases, and anti-epileptic & stress reducing formula along with the increased demand for plant based raw materials in various consumer products drive the market growth. However, constraints such as consumer awareness of these industrial products and raw material availability may restrict the market's growth. Furthermore, the market's growth may be hampered by the market's environmental effect and the government's strict rules against chemical industries. These are some of the linalool market trends observed globally.
The linalool market is segmented on the basis of type, application, end-user, and region. Based on the type, the market is bifurcated into natural and synthetic. Applications covered in the report are essential oils, anti-inflammatory, anti-epileptic, sedative, and others. By end-user, the market is classified into pharmaceutical, chemical, cosmetics & personal care, and others. The report further outlines the details about the revenue generated through the sale of linalool across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Major players operating in the global linalool industry include BASF, Royal DSM, Arora Aromatics Pvt. Ltd., Chemical Point UG, Ernesto Ventós S.A., Symrise , Chemical Point UG, Menthaallied, Phoenix Aromas & Essential Oils LLC and Robertet Group.
Linalool Market, by Type
The synthetic segment is accounted for the largest share in the global linalool market, while natural segment is the fastest growing segment, registering 6.4% CAGR during the forecast period.
Synthetic Linalool is projected as the most lucrative segment.
Linalool Market, by Application
The essential oils segment accounted for the largest share in the global linalool market, while sedative segment is the fastest growing segment, registering 4.8% CAGR over the forecasted period.
Essential Oils in Linalool is projected as the most lucrative segment.
Linalool Market, by End-user
The chemical segment accounted for the largest share in the global linalool market, while pharmaceutical segment is the fastest growing segment, registering 6.4% CAGR over the forecasted period.
Chemical end-user in Linalool is projected as the most lucrative segment.
Linalool Market, by Region
Asia-Pacific region accounted for the largest share in the global linalool market in 2020 and is projected to grow at CAGR of more than 5.0% during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific is projected as the most lucrative market.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- The report provides in-depth analysis of the global linalool market along with the current trends and future estimations.
- This report highlights the key drivers, opportunities, and restraints of the market along with the impact analysis during the forecast period.
- Porter’s five forces analysis helps to analyze the potential of the buyers & suppliers and the competitive scenario of the global linalool market for strategy building.
- A comprehensive market analysis covers the factors that drive and restrain the global linalool market growth.
- The qualitative data about market dynamics, trends, and developments is provided in the report.
Impact Of Covid-19 On The Global Linalool Market
- COVID-19 has spread to almost 213 countries around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency on March 11, 2020.
- Some of the major economies suffering from the COVID-19 crises include Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the UK, and Norway.
- In many countries, the economy has dropped due to the halt of several industries, especially transport and supply chain. Demand for the product has been hindered as there is no development due to the lockdown.
- The demand–supply gap, disruptions in raw material procurement, and price volatility are expected to hamper the growth of the industry during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Due to a scarcity of resources in various parts of the world, the COVID-19 epidemic has impacted negatively on the cosmetic industry. The industry's top players are concerned about the market's prospects and are rethinking their strategies to meet the challenge.
- China is the global manufacturing hub, with the presence of and the largest raw material suppliers. The overall market break down due to COVID-19 is also affecting the growth of the Linalool market due to shutting down of factories, obstacle in supply chain, and downturn in world economy.
Linalool Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
BASF SE, Robertet Group, Symrise, Phoenix Aromas & Essential Oils LLC, Axxence Aromatic GmbH, Arora Aromatics Pvt. Ltd., Royal DSM N.V., Ernesto Ventós S.A., Chemical Point UG, Menthaallied
Linalyl alcohol, allo-ocimenol, p-linalool, and 3, 7-dimethyl-1, 6-octadien-3-ol are some of the other names for linalool. It is one of the most frequent terpene alcohols found in spice plants and is utilized in a variety of commercial applications such as essential oils, anti-inflammatory, anti-Epileptic, sedative, and others. Linalool is used in the pharmaceutical, cosmetics and personal care, and chemical industries for its antibacterial, anti-epileptic, antidepressant, analgesic, and anxiolytic characteristics.
According to the analyst, the global linalool market is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period, driven by increased demand from chemical industries. Linalool is being used in many chemical products like skin care, shampoo, essential oils, lotions, and others. In addition, linalool is used in a variety of end-use applications, like pest controllers for insects such as fruit flies, cockroaches, mosquito repellent and fleas. These factors are projected to boost the demand for linalool.
However, availability of cheaper substitute products can have a restraining effect on the growth of the market. In addition, the global linalool market's growth may be hampered by the negative effect of linalool such as sensitivity and irritation, particularly in sensitive skin types and the government's strict rules against chemical industries. Also, The International Fragrance Association Standard (IFRA) restricts the use of linalool in fragrances because of potential sensitization. This will further hinder the linalool market growth.