Liposomes are vesicles or bags that contain an aqueous volume that is entirely enclosed by a membrane composed of lipid (fat) molecules, usually phospholipids. Structurally, liposomes are bilayer vesicles, which can encapsulate water-soluble drugs within their membrane itself. Liposomes are prepared by disrupting biological membranes by the sonication process. A liposome possesses properties such as versatile, biodegradable, hypoallergenic nature, along with their similarity to biological membranes, which are the important factors in the continued efforts to develop liposomal drug delivery forms. The types of liposomes are multilamellar vesicle, small unilamellar liposome vesicle, large unilamellar vesicle, and cochleate vesicle.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- Due to COVID-19 outbreak globally, the liposomes market witnessed growth, owing to the increasing demand for liposome in the production of vaccine.
- Since every industry is badly hampered by the vital outbreak, some market players in Europe are putting forward to test the efficacy of liposome drug against COVID-19.
- The liposomes market is expected to witness a slowdown, owing to decline in demand and supply chain disruptions due to the global COVID-19 outbreak.
Top Impacting Factors
Deliberate research in the target drug delivery system may act as a catalyst for the growth of the market. R&D in design of the liposome is the current opportunity for the biotechnology products, which might enhance the growth in the market. Sufferers from solid tumors and macrophages are increasing, which in turn is increasing the demand for liposome usage. Liposome is preferred in clinics due to its low toxicity and high efficiency, which is driving the market growth. However, low solubility in body is major factor that can restrict the market. Moreover, high cost of production and short life span of liposome can hamper the market growth.
- In June 2018, Virpax Pharmaceuticals Inc. collaborated with LipoCure to work on liposomes and manufacture pain management products.
- In March 2020, FUJIFILM Corporation announced the strategy of product development and process development with its existing partners, which is the current trend in the market.
- In July 2020, Acquisition took place where Crode International, Plc took over Avanti Polar Lipids, Inc., this will expand the lipid-based drug delivery technology for next-generation pharmaceuticals.
- Liposomal drug delivery systems are used in treatment of cancer by radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and surgical resection, owing to increasing cancer patients, which in turn can increase the liposomes market.
- The increasing adoption of the low-cost generic product such as liposomal drugs over the branded product that provide more effective result can also increase the market demand for liposome.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Liposomes industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Liposomes Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Liposomes Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Liposomes Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Liposomes Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Liposomes Market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Which Government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
- What are the key barriers to enter for the new players in the market?
- What value proposition should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
Liposomes Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Baxter AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Pfizer Inc., Sun Pharma Industries Ltd., Johnson & Johnson, Bristol Myers Squibb, Sanofi SA, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Novartis AG,, Mylan NV, GlaxoSmithKline Plc.