Liquid bath soap is a specialized liquid product used for cleansing body during bathing. Liquid bath soap includes shower gels and body washes. They are the type of bathing soap products used for maintaining personal hygiene, eliminating microorganisms and dirt from skin. Liquid bath soaps act as surfactants, therefore, emulsify grease such as sebum accumulation on skin and remove it efficiently. Liquid soap was initially patented by William Shepphard in 1865; later brands such as Palmolive created by B.J Johnson became popular. Advancements in technology and changing chemical compositions led to development of liquid bath soap from general liquid soaps. Commercial production of liquid bath soap consists of similar ingredients used for manufacturing soap bars such as water, betaines, sodium laurate, and sulfate. However, difference lies in surfactants reacting with the lye, imparting lower pH value to liquid bath soaps than traditional soaps.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the liquid bath soap market, in terms of production and meeting the supply requirement as the demand for essential items such as liquid bath soap has increased in the lockdown scenario.
- The panic buying situation in the initial stages of lockdown created an increased requirement forliquid bath soaps. Key manufacturers such as HUL, Godrej Consumer, and others have also reduced the prices of liquid soaps and other hygiene products while increasing production.
- Transportation restrictions and least mobility scenario have impacted domestic supply chain of the liquid bath soap market while export and import ban has affected the global supply chain.
- Shutdown of manufacturing units to curb the spread of coronavirus and shortage of manpower, owing to implementation of initial lockdown scenario has impacted production of the liquid bath soap market. Sales through the e-commerce platform have also declined, owing to delayed deliveries.
- The post-COVID-19 scenario is anticipated to act as a growing opportunity for the liquid bath soap market, owing to inclination of consumers toward effective hygiene.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, and Impact Analysis
Liquid bath soaps are considered as derivatives of liquid soap initially used in the 19th century. The chemical composition changes in liquid soaps have led to development of shower gels and body washes consisting of various additional ingredients to enhance overall quality and acceptability of the product. Rise in awareness about health and hygiene, numerous disease caused from bacteria and viruses, inclination toward cleanliness and sanitation, ease of use of liquid body soaps while showering, enhanced quality of products, benefits to skin, liquid soap manufactured for improving conditions of skin, and incorporation of vitamins and minerals in body washes propel the market growth. In addition, moisturizing effect of body wash products, firm texture of shower gels, application on both skin and hair, addition of various skin-friendly ingredients, surge in use of liquid bath soap in hospitality industry, variants in packaging of liquid body wash, ease of carrying small-sized body wash while travel, hydrating benefits to skin, improved quality of shower gels by additives such as menthol, numerous variants available in the liquid body soaps, enhanced fragrance, impeccable color variants, availability of organic body wash, liquid bath soap for specific type of skin, sports shower gels, alluring packaging, and increased disposable income also drive the global liquid body wash market. However, highly-priced body washes, increase in competition, availability of alternative products such as soap bars, lack of awareness about new product launches in the rural market, and government regulations hinder the market growth.
The global liquid bath soap market trends are as follows:
Availability of liquid bath soap in numerous variants
Liquid bath soaps mainly consider shower gels and body washes, which have similar function of cleansing skin but are different in terms of texture. Shower gels have a firm gel-like consistency and texture whereas body washes have a thinner formula, creamy consistency, more moisturization, and hydrating effect to skin. Ingredients such as glycerin, petrolatum, shea butter, aloe vera, mineral oil, soybean oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, and olive oil are incorporated in the formula of liquid bath soap imparting huge benefits to skin.
Key manufacturers are inclined toward launching products for different types of skin such as distinctive formula for infant liquid bath soaps and men body wash, dual functions for skin and hair, ease of use packaging, antibacterial effect, organic ingredients, fragrance, skin sensitive liquid body soap, which is anticipated to propel the market growth during the forecast period.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global liquid bath soap industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with a detailed analysis of the global liquid bath soap market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global liquid bath soap market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides detailed global liquid bath soap market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in the coming years.
Questions Answered in the Liquid Bath Soap Market Research Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the liquid bath soap market?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on the market?
- What current trends would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the liquid bath soap market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
Liquid Bath Soap Market Report Highlights
By End Users
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Proctor & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Natura& Co., PZ Cussons, LVMH, Maxingvest AG, Adidas AG, Unilever plc, Colgate-Palmolive, Avon Products, L’Oreal S.A.