Liquid crystals are highly structured liquids with positional (smectic) and orientational (cholesteric, nematic) order of constituent molecules. Small molecule-based and polymer-based liquid crystals are available in the market. Molecule structure of liquid crystals contains rigid n-electrons with flexible long alkyl chains. These materials serve as photo alignment agents, which exhibit enhanced functionality and provide superior adhesion properties to plastic substrate and glass coatings. Liquid crystal materials are available in various solvent-based grades with numerous viscosities & degrees of adhesion.
Rise in demand for high-performance lightweight materials from automotive industry to produce fuel-efficient vehicles and minimize carbon emissions is anticipated to have a positive impact on liquid crystal materials market growth. Moreover, rise in preference for miniaturization of electrical & electronic components such as surface mounting devices and surface mounting technology (SMT) connectors is projected to boost the demand for liquid crystal materials. However, high cost and low welding strength of these materials hinder the market growth. Increase in use of liquid crystal materials in biomedical applications is expected to provide potential opportunities for market expansion.
The report segments the liquid crystal materials market on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is categorized into cholesteric liquid crystals, discotic liquid crystals, and nematic & smectic liquid crystals. According to application, the market is classified into electrical & electronics, automotive, aerospace, industrial, biomedical, and others. Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market focus on key market strategies such as product launch, acquisition, and expansion to strengthen their market reach to maintain their position in the market.
Comprehensive Competitive Analysis And Profiles Of Major Market Players Provided In The Report Are As Follows:
- DIC Corporation
- Jiangsu Hecheng Display Technology Co., Ltd.
- JNC Corporation
- LCR Hallcrest, LLC
- Merck Group
- Shanghai Jingke Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Shijiazhuang Chengzhi Yonghua Display Materials Co., Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical Company Limited
- Sun Chemical Corporation
- TCI Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global liquid crystal materials market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Liquid Crystal Materials Market Segments:
- Cholesteric Liquid Crystals
- Discotic Liquid Crystals
- Nematic & Smectic Liquid Crystals
- Electrical & Electronics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA