Live Cell Encapsulation Market Outlook 2027
Live cell encapsulation market is experiencing growth due to increase in the investments made for new therapeutics and rise in chronic diseases. Live cell encapsulation in future is seen as medicine for various therapeutic diseases. It is the technique, which is applied in the immobilization of cells inside the semipermeable membranes.
The live cell encapsulation is in the process of cell transplantation at the time of organ replacement. It includes inclusion of the live cells in semipermeable membrane to prevent the risk for rejection to the immune system, and the supply of cells is done with the help of capsules. Live cell encapsulation as compared with protein encapsulation makes controlled and sustained cell delivery, which gives in safe results.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicines supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as hydroxychloroquine have witnessed dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunity for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are short of these drugs. Owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future. Considering these factors, COVID-19 is expected to have significant impact on live cell encapsulation market.
- Surge in the demand for new drug delivery systems, for the treatment of various diseases, increase in the advancements made in technology and rise in investments made by public and private firms are resulting in the growth of live cell encapsulation market.
- Increase in research and development activities in cell encapsulation and increase in the awareness among the population about the role of cell encapsulation in treatment of chronic diseases are responsible for the growth.
- Large-scale application of live cell encapsulation in probiotics, cell transplantation, and drug delivery will propel the growth of market in future.
- Moreover, scarcity in availability of high-quality raw materials, increase in adoption for alternative cell therapies, and rise in manufacturing costs are restraining the growth of live cell encapsulation market.
New product launch/news
- In July 2019, PharmaCyte Biotech, a clinical stage biotechnology company is developing targeted treatments for cancer and diabetes using live-cell encapsulation technique.
- In May 2018, MIT spinout Sigilon Therapeutics has partnered with pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly and Company to develop implantable medical devices that act like “living drug factories,” encapsulating engineered cells that live in the body for months, or years, and produce insulin.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global live cell encapsulation market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the investments.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the live cell encapsulation market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the live cell encapsulation market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed live cell encapsulation market analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the live cell encapsulation market report:
- Which are the leading players active in live cell encapsulation market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Which segments and regions will drive the market growth & why?
- What are the new trends and advancements in the live cell encapsulation market?
Live Cell Encapsulation Market Report Highlights
By Polymer Type
Key Market Players
Diatranz Otsuka Ltd, Living Cell Technologies Ltd,, Viacyte, Inc,, Evonik Industries,, Sernova Corp, Altucell, Inc., BioTime, Inc,, BUCHI Labortechnik,, Gloriana Therapeutics,, Neurotech Pharmaceuticals.