Live cell imaging is the study of cells in real time using the images obtained from screening systems and microscopes. The technology has altered the approach of scientists to study proteins, molecular interactions and internal structures of cells, cellular processes and understand biological functions. It enables them to observe cells to get an in-depth analysis instead of studying the images of fixed cells. Information with more precision can be obtained using live cell imaging, which plays a crucial role in understanding cell dynamics in research fields such as immunology, genetics, neurology, microbiology and others. Technological advancements in live cell imaging will fulfil the demands of academic institutes, government organizations, pharmaceutical companies and diagnostic laboratories.
The key factors driving the world live cell imaging market are adoption of high-content screening techniques, huge government funding for cell based research, and rising incidences of cancer worldwide. However, the scarcity of skilled professionals and high cost of high-content screening systems are some of the major factors restraining the growth of the market. The adoption of high-content screening systems for primary screening and applications of live cell imaging in personalized medicines presents growth opportunities for the market players.
World live cell imaging market is segmented on the basis of product, technology, application and geography. Based on product, the market is categorized into equipment, consumable and software. Based on technology, the market is classified into fluorescence recovery after photobleaching (fading) and high-content screening. On the basis of application, the market is categorized into cell biology, stem cells and drug discovery. Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Asia, Europe, and LAMEA.
The key manufacturers profiled in the report are Carl Zeiss AG, Danaher Corporation (Leica Microsystems), Becton Dickinson & Company, GE Healthcare (Subsidiary of General Electric Company), Molecular Devices LLC, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, Nikon Corporation, Olympus Corporation, PerkinElmer Inc., and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. Partnerships, joint ventures and collaborations are some of the few strategies adopted by the companies to gain a strong foothold in the market.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the world live cell imaging market.
- This report offers an in-depth quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020, which assists in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- The report offers comprehensive analysis of key driving and restraining factors of world live cell imaging market.
- An extensive analysis of dominant market shares for each segment helps in understanding the current market.
- SWOT analysis highlights the internal environment of the leading companies for effective strategy formulation
- Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Asia, Europe and LAMEA.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- Live Cell Imaging Market By Product
- Live Cell Imaging Market By Technology
- Fluorescence Recovery after Photobleaching
- High-Content Screening
- Live Cell Imaging Market By Application
- Cell Biology
- Stem Cells
- Drug Discovery