Lixisenatide is a receptor agonist employed for treatment of type 2 diabetes. The drug controls blood sugar level by gradually increasing insulin levels in blood, which reduces bodys absorption of sugar. In addition, it is responsible for delays in gastric emptying and drop in usual appetite resulting in weight loss.
The growth of the global lixisenatide market is driven by increase in prevalence diabetes and surge in overweight populace. Moreover, unhealthy urban lifestyle and increase number of fast food eating populace susceptible to sudden weight gain are expected to boost the market growth. However, number of limited manufacturers and distribution channels is anticipated to impede the market growth.
The global lixisenatide market is segmented on the basis of product, type of manufacturing, application, and geography. Based on product, the market is bifurcated into industrial grade and pharmaceutical grade. By type of manufacturing, it is divided into in-house manufacturing and contract manufacturing organizations. As per end user, it is divided into hospital, clinic, medical center, and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed across the globe at country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and subsegment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such Zealand Pharma A/S and Sanofi-Aventis U.S. LLC are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Lixisenatide Market Key Segments:
- Industrial Grade
- Pharmaceutical Grade
By Type of Manufacturing
- In-house Manufacturing
- Contract Manufacturing Organizations
By End User
- Medical center
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA