Load, haul, and dump machines or LHDs are type of devices that are used for loading, hauling, and dumping operations predominantly in the global mining and underground construction industries. Loose rock in mining activities is called muck and extraction of muck is a very important in underground mining process. LHDs can operate in extreme conditions and are tough, rugged, efficient, and highly maneuverable. LHDs with different hauling capacities are available in the market. LHD loaders are similar to conventional front-end loaders, however, are more reliable, safer, and tougher as they are designed to handle most difficult hard rock mining applications, with production efficiency and low cost in mind. LHDs are designed for better weight distribution. In addition, reduced height and width along with increased length of these machines help to provide increased maneuverability in narrow tunnels.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
- COVID-19 pandemic has shut-down production of various products in the global load haul dump industry, mainly owing to prolonged lockdown in major global countries. This has hampered growth of the global load haul dump market significantly from past few months, as is likely to continue during 2020.
- COVID-19 has already affected sales of equipment and machinery in the first quarter of 2020, and is likely to cause a negative impact on the market growth throughout the year.
- The major demand for equipment and machinery was previously noticed from giant manufacturing countries including the U.S., Germany, Italy, the UK, and China, which is badly affected by the spread of coronavirus, thereby halting demand for equipment and machinery.
- Further, potential impact of the lockdown is currently vague and financial recovery of companies is totally based on its cash reserves. Equipment and machinery companies can afford a full lockdown only for a few months, after which the players would have to modify their investment plans.
- Equipment and machinery manufacturers must focus on protecting their workforce, operations, and supply chains to respond toward immediate crises and find new ways of working after COVID-19 infection cases start to decrease.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers, Opportunities, Restraints and Impact Analysis
Increase in mining production around the world is expected to help the growth of the global load haul and dump machines market. The increasing global population, industrialization, urbanization are expected to drive the demand for mining products globally. The availability of valuable metals and minerals in various places around the world is another factor. However, geopolitical and economic uncertainty is a major restraining factor for the global mining industry and by extension the global load haul dump machines market as disruptions in trade cause fluctuations in demand and prices. The opportunity for growth of the global load haul dump market comes from the growing adoption of electric engine LHD machines.
The global load haul dump market trends are as follows:
Increase in mining activity around the world:
With growth in population, rise in urbanization, and industrialization, the mining industry is expected to continue to grow as the demand for various metals and minerals increases. The sufficient supply of minerals and raw materials is essential to the sustainability and growth of the global economy. Mining products are required in almost all industries such as in the global construction, infrastructure, automotive, aerospace, consumer goods, electronics, healthcare, food production industries among many others. Mining products are essential to the process of energy production and to provide many other goods and services that are essential to the modern society. Almost every industry depends on mining products, such as various minerals, base metals, precious metals, coking coal, iron sands, aggregates, limestone among others. With increase in demand of mining products due to the growing global demand caused by factors such as increase in global population, the growth of urbanization, infrastructure development and construction activity, increasing industrialization and consumer demand for various goods including automobiles and electronics, the global load haul dump market is expected to grow in the future as the implementation of these machines in the global mining industry is only expected to increase with rise in mining activity.
Growth of electric engine load haul dump machines
Adoption of electric engine load haul dump machines are expected to grow in the future. Electric engine LHDs have long lifespans, high efficiency, and lower operating and maintenance costs. In addition, electric engine load haul dump machines help to reduce greenhouse gas emission as they help to reduce consumption of fossil fuels. Governments of various countries are increasingly implementing stringent regulations to reduce emission of greenhouse gases and lower the carbon footprint. Policies such as the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) Standards in USA, introduction of carbon pricing policies at various levels around the world, and international commitments such as the Paris Agreement are propagating the adoption of electric engines with the chief intent to reduce of fossil fuel consumption and emission of greenhouse gases. These various regulations are expected to accelerate the growth of the electric engine segment in the global load haul dump market, as electric engines help to reduce carbon emission.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global load haul dump industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global load haul dump market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global load haul dump market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global load haul dump market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Load Haul Dump Market Report Highlights
By Engine Type
By Industry verticals
Key Market Players
GHH Fahrzeuge, Epiroc, Hensley Industries Inc, KGHM ZANAM, Dux Machinery, Sandvik, Komatsu Mining Corp., Caterpillar, Eimco Elecon India Ltd., Atlas Copco