Logic Analyzer Market Outlook – 2027
Logic analyzer is an electronic device that collects and displays multiple signals from a digital system or circuit. This instrument converts captured data into timing diagram, state machine traces, protocol decodes, assembly language, and correlates assembly language to source-level software to analyze timing relationship between many signals in a digital system. Unlike oscillator logic analyzers, it supports the measurement of multiple channels and is quite useful in debugging microprocessor or microcontroller-based boards.
Logic analyzers are preferred in various industries like aerospace & defense and IT & telecommunication, owing to features such as high performance, low-power consumption, instant & fast response, low procurement cost, portability, and user-friendliness, which makes it convenient for end users. Innovations in the industry paves way for advanced logic analyzers. Modernization is also expected to lead to considerable upliftment in the logic analyzer market share in the future.
The global logic analyzer market is segmented on the basis of type, product, application, channel count, industry vertical, and region. Based on type, the market is bifurcated into fixed and portable. In terms of product, the market is categorized into modular logic analyzer, portable logic analyzer, and pc-based logic analyzer. On the basis of application, the market is divided into PCs, ICs, processors, embedded system, memory devices, and others.
In terms of channel count, the market is categorized into 2–32, 32–80, and >80. On the basis of industry vertical, the market is segmented into automotive & transportation, aerospace & defense, IT & telecommunication, government & education, semiconductor & electronics, industrial, healthcare, and others. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
Key players operating in the global logic analyzer industry include Tektronix, TestEquity, Honeywell Technology Solutions, Keysight Technologies, Fortive, National Instruments, Teledyne, Accusource Electronics, Advantest corporation, Atec Inc. and Others. These companies have adopted several strategies such as product launches, partnerships, collaborations, mergers & acquisitions, and joint ventures to strengthen their foothold in the global logic analyzer market.
Top Impacting Factors
Global urbanization has attributed to increase in demand for power-efficient and high-performance electronic memory systems. Surge in demand for logic analyzers in hardware troubleshooting and testing complex logical or digital circuit are some factors that drive the logic analyzer market growth. Logic analyzers display relative timing of logic states with high speed sampling capability to be used in mobile communication systems thus, enhancing sales and profitability.
However, these analyzers are unable to track down a faulty region to isolate blocks of circuit and testing, where a problem occurs. Thus, absence of circuit debug capability and system timing errors and designing issues in FPGA such as definition error, shortage of skilled workforce in core sector, liability laws, and fluctuations regarding product standards in different countries are some factors that restrain the logic analyzer industry.
Furthermore, wide applications to connect medical equipment for various types of scan and increased usage in memory devices or integrated circuits create significant opportunities for the market growth. Launch of advanced products, high investments, and expansion by manufacturers and governments also present lucrative opportunities for the logic analyzer market growth.
New Product Launches to Boost the Market Growth
Leading market players have taken necessary actions to improve overall accuracy and functionality of logic analyzers. Automation of activities and successful product innovation aims to upgrade the market.
On 3rd Mach 2020, Keysight Technologies launched N9021B MXA X-series, a signal analyzer that provides design validation and superior phase noise performance at higher frequencies. This device incorporates software that improves workflow, thus meeting 3GPP new radio compliance standards. Industries from wireless to satellite communication require wider analysis bandwidth to meet demands for higher data throughput. It provides radio frequency analysis, designing, and delivering high-frequency new-generation wireless devices. These devices offer accelerated test time improvements with uncompromising performance.
Surge in Use in Industrial and Automotive Applications
The logic analyzer market has ample attractive opportunities in automotive, industrial, and transportation sectors. Automotive giants and many business leaders are expanding and investing in autonomous vehicles. Logic analyzers are used to test the performance of electronic devices required in autonomous vehicles.
In 2019 Rohde and Schwarz GmBH Co KG, leading electronics group specialized in field of electronic test equipment, cybersecurity, radiocommunication, launched new R&S RTP134 with 13GHz. This finds applications in automotive, aerospace & defense, and industrial & telecommunication sectors.
Low-power, compact complex electronic systems including radar, video, navigation, and wireless applications deployed in cars require specialized test and measurement solution, which boosts the market growth. In July 2019, Tektronix Inc., a company based in U.S. released two software packages that simplify Automotive Ethernet Testing used in vehicles to ensure interoperability and reliability for efficient performance.
Key Benefits of the Stakeholders
- The study gives an analytical overview of the logic analyzer market size with current trends and future estimations to determine imminent investment pockets.
- The report analyzes information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed logic analyzer market analysis.
- The current logic analyzer market trends are quantitatively analyzed.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
COVID Scenario Analysis
- The COVID19 pandemic has affected the overall economy and population worldwide. Governments have announced temporary shutdown of industries and trade barriers have hampered demand-supply outlook, which hampers the production process of several industries including the electronics & semiconductor sector.
- In response to COVID-19, Keysight Technologies, a company based in U.S., launched innovate anywhere program, which provides key areas of 90-day software trial, remote learning, and scalable live network testing. This initiative offers its popular software tools for use in signal generation, vector signal analysis, test automation, and real-time field programmable gate array (FPGA) functionality free of charge for 90 days. These initiatives help engineers manage multiple instruments to access full capabilities of signal measurement hardware for design and simulation remotely from anywhere during shutdown scenario.
- Companies are also offering employees and other staff members learning modules to brush up their skills, discover new concepts, and learn to use new tools. Voice and video applications try to support customers struggling with collaboration to minimize service disruptions in the lockdown and ensure user experience with active network monitoring
Questions Answered in the Logic Analyzer Market Research Report
- Who are the leading players in the logic analyzer market?
- What are the current trends that would influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the logic analyzer market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What would be the detailed impact of COVID-19 on logic analyzer market?
Logic Analyzer Market Report Highlights
By Channel Count
By Industry Vertical
Key Market Players
Atec Inc., Teledyne, Honeywell Technology Solutions, Fortive, Accusource Electronics, eysight Technologies, Tektronix, Others, TestEquity, Advantest corporation, National Instruments