Bifidobacterium longum is a species of small pathogenic bacteria, which naturally occurs in gastrointestinal tracts of human and other animals. The bacterium is added to different types of foods, beverages, and dietary supplements as a probiotic, as it provides many health benefits such as improved digestion and bowel movements.
The growth of the global longum market is driven by increase in demand for probiotic dietary supplements with probiotic ingredients and surge in awareness towards healthy food products. Furthermore, rise in disposable income allows consumers to purchase healthy alternatives to regular food products, which is expected to fuel the growth of the market. However, low level of awareness and meagre purchasing power in underdeveloped countries are anticipated to hinder the market growth.
The global longum market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type, the market is bifurcated into 0.2g/piece and 0.25g/piece. Based on application, it is divided into medicine and others. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. These regions are further analyzed across the globe at country level to determine the market size and forecast for each segment and subsegment.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as ATCC Inc, BioGaia AB, Mystic Pharmaceuticals Inc, Hanson Ltd, and Biofodan A/S, BioCare Copenhagen ApS, Danisco A/S, Danone SA, and Deerland Enzymes Inc. are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Extensive analysis of the market is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
Longum Market Key Segments:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA