Low-E glass, also known as low-emissivity glass, is specifically intended to limit the amount of infrared and ultraviolet light that passes through a building's glass while also decreasing the amount of light required to enter our home. Low-E glass windows have a microscopically thin, translucent coating on the inside that reflects heat and keeps the room cool. By reflecting internal heat, the low-E coating aids in maintaining a consistent house temperature. There are two types of low-E coatings available on the market: passive low-E coating (hard-coat) and solar control low-E coating. Since it provides good solar management and has a huge market in flexible packaging of different types of materials, soft coat low-E is the more efficient of the two. Low-E glass is in high demand for a variety of architectural applications, including institutional, residential and commercial areas.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The global low-E glass market has suffered a significant reduction as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, which forced some manufacturing units to close for months. Several countries have also put a stop to production during the covid-19 outbreak.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a sharp decline in customer interest in acquiring any items, and the transportation sector's shutdown has significantly damaged the Low-E glass market's demand. This resulted in to interruption in production operations.
- COVID-19 has had a significant influence on the automotive sector's growth due to disruptions in Chinese part shipments, widespread production disruptions across Europe, and the closure of assembly plants in the United States.
Top Impacting Factors
Building activity and public awareness are driving the global low-E glass market toward energy efficiency in residential and non-residential constructions. The increasing usage of Low-E glass for lightweight glazing in automobiles to reduce vehicle weight and increase fuel efficiency is a potential factor driving the low-E glass market's recent expansion. In both residential and commercial structures, the low-E glass sector is thriving. Low-E glass is a unique and cost-effective option for saving energy in buildings under various climatic circumstances and reducing excessive heat gain loss by reflecting long-wave infrared radiation that enters the structure. Although windows are typically the least energy-efficient component in a structure, technological improvements have made energy-efficient windows the most popular concept in recent years. Furthermore, the automobile industry's growing technology breakthroughs have aided in achieving maximum fuel efficiency and passenger safety.
This influenced manufacturers to invest in R&D, which is expected to support the growth of the automotive glass sector. Low-E glass and coatings are employed in the production of car window panes. With the rising demand for automobiles in recent years, the low-E glass market is likely to develop over the forecast period. Low-E glass is used to provide more effective air cooling, to extend the range of electric vehicles, and to minimize CO2 emissions, resulting in increased eco-credits and lower overall fuel use. The primary obstacle for low-E glass makers is cost; the higher cost of low-E glass compared to ordinary glasses is restricting the product's global market. The windows that block UV rays and infrared radiation are made using modern technology and high-grade raw materials, and are often more expensive than traditional windows used in construction. As a result, dealing with this necessitates a large initial expenditure, which has restricted the market expansion of Low-E glass in recent years.
- Due to robust automotive industries in China, Japan, India, South Korea, and other Asian countries, the Asia-Pacific region dominates the global Low-E Glass market. China, for example, with its growing middle class, will continue to drive the steady rise of the Chinese auto market, with new vehicle purchases and quickly growing vehicle replacements adding to the region's overall industry.
- The automotive industry is likely to drive the Low-E glass market over the forecast period. However, in recent years, the region's growing use and development of electric vehicles has provided attractive potential for the Low-E glass market.
- Growing urbanization and increased renovation activities across various end-users are boosting the market for Low-E glass in the region. Countries like East Asia foresee substantial growth in the automotive industry and the construction sector in the projected period.
- Product launches, acquisitions, and partnerships are among the leading players' growth tactics, all of which contribute to the global growth of the Low-E glass market. Key players focusing on Low-E glass, on the other hand, use product launch as a growth strategy to expand their market share.
- Guardian Glass introduced ClimaGuard Blue, an energy-efficient and self-cleaning glass, in Europe in 2016. In a single, double-coated pane of glass, the product combines sun control, thermal insulation, and glare reduction. The product is created specifically for use in the home for windows, skylights, conservatories, and doors.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the low-E glass industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the low-E glass market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the low-E glass market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed low-E glass market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Low-E Glass Market Report Highlights
By Coating Type
By End-User Industry
Key Market Players
Xinyi Glass Holdings, PPG Industries, Guardian Industries, Asahi Glass Co, Central Glass Co., AGC Glass North America, Saint Gobain, Vitro S.A.B. de C.V, Fuyao Glass Industry Group, CSG Holding Co Ltd.