Low trauma/skin care adhesives ensure secure bonding of dressing to skin to promote rapid healing and offer pain-free removal without damaging skin. Nonsilicone pressure-sensitive adhesive technology enables patient comfort, enhanced moisture management, and extended wear times. Wound care product manufacturers utilize silicone-based ingredients & formulations to develop low trauma/skin-friendly adhesives for dressings, surgical tapes, and bandages. These adhesives are not only utilized to alleviate pain while removal but also to prevent exacerbation of existing wounds and creation of new wounds. Moreover, they are utilized for wearable & attachable medical devices and transdermal patches, as they are easily repositionable and provide maximum comfort.
Rise in use of wound care dressings, drug delivery devices, and wearable medical devices among consumers is the primary factor that drives the growth of the low trauma/skin-friendly adhesives market growth. Increase in application areas, surge in home healthcare demand, and rise in healthcare outsourcing trend further supplement the market growth. However, fluctuating prices of raw materials, such as silicone, and stringent government regulation associated with formulation of these adhesives hinder the market growth. Surge in demand for these adhesives from emerging economies due to rise in population, increase in consumer awareness about benefits of utilizing skin friendly adhesives, and growth in disposable incomes is expected provide potential growth opportunities for market expansion.
The report segments the low trauma/skin-friendly adhesives market on the basis of chemistry, application, and geography. Based on chemistry, the market is categorized into silicone based, acrylics based, and others. According to application, it is classified into advanced wound care, adhesive bandages, wearable sensors & therapy systems, diagnostic monitoring, reservoir transdermal drug delivery systems, protective patch overlays, and others (microneedle systems, dermatological testing, and iontophoretic systems). Geographical breakdown of the market includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market focus on key market strategies such as product launch, acquisition, and expansion to strengthen their market reach and to maintain their position in the competitive market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players provided in the report are as follows:
- Adhesives Research Inc.
- Avery Dennison Corporation
- Bluestar Silicones France SAS
- Dow Corning Corporation
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Lohmann Group
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Scapa Group Plc
- Tesa Group
- The 3M Company
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global low trauma/skin-friendly adhesives market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Low Trauma/skin-friendly Adhesives Market Key Segments:
- Silicone Based
- Acrylics Based
- Advanced Wound Care
- Adhesive Bandages
- Wearable Sensors & Therapy Systems
- Diagnostic Monitoring
- Reservoir Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems
- Protective patch overlays
- Others (Microneedle Systems, Dermatological Testing, and Iontophoretic Systems)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA