Luciferase assay is used to find if a protein can repress or activate the expression of a target gene. Luciferase assay is produced in laboratory with the help of genetic engineering technique. The gene is inserted into organisms such as silkworms, mice and potatoes for production of proteins. Luciferase assay is used for assessing the transcriptional activity in the cells and to find the ATP in cells for kinase activity. Luciferase assay acts as an ATP sensor protein by biotinylation which immobilizes luciferase on surface of cell by binding to a complex. Environmental factors can cause discrepancies between bioluminescence intensity and tumor burden to change the proliferative activity. It is defined as a heat-sensitive protein which is used in studying denaturation of proteins and testing protective capacities of proteins.
COVID-19 Scenario analysis:
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicines supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunity for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are short of these drugs. Owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Luciferase assays are used in genetic engineering and molecular biology for replacing chloramphenicol acetyltransferase gene. Luciferase assay is used for detecting and testing ATP, which is expected to drive the luciferase assay market growth. Increasing technological advancements for quantitative visualization of gene expression with the help of camera will drive the luciferase assay market. Luciferase assays are used bioluminescence assays by researchers for finding ATP and measuring light emitted during metabolic activity. It is also used by food & beverage companies for checking microbial contamination, which is expected to drive the growth. Luciferase assay is also important in finding gene expression at multiple stages of growth in transgenic organism, which is increasing its growth. Increasing application using luciferase assay such as finding the functionalities of cells like cell fate, cell differentiation and cell growth, which is driving the luciferase assay market growth.
The repeated use of luciferase assays in gene expression study and in gene transcription or translation levels is influencing the growth. The manufacturing cost advantage and increase in the per capita income are driving the growth of luciferase assays.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global luciferase assay market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the luciferase assay market share.
- The current luciferase assay market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the luciferase assay market.
- The report provides a detailed global luciferase assay market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the luciferase assay market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the luciferase assay market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the luciferase assay market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the luciferase assay market?
- What can be the challenges for the luciferase assay market in future?
- What are the projections for the future that will help in taking further strategic steps?
Luciferase Assay Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Thermo Fisher, Invivogen, Promega, Takara, Merck, Origene, Perkin Elmer, Lonza, GE, Gold Biotechnology, Active Motif, Roche